Full Metalst

im batman

[img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/46c2/f/2015/249/7/e/i_m_batman_by_darkestteam-d98k424.png[/img]

If you didn't label this topic as you did, I wouldn't be able to tell that this was Batman. Less can be more at times, which would be beneficial for this piece of work. There's too much going on, and it makes it appear sloppy.

I disagree with Gm. The composition is incredible, as it always is in your work. The online thingthat could be improved IMO is just some more vibrance in the color, and overall sharpness. It's a great tag tho, kiu.

[quote name='Sethy']I disagree with Gm. The composition is incredible, as it always is in your work. The online thingthat could be improved IMO is just some more vibrance in the color, and overall sharpness. It's a great tag tho, kiu.[/QUOTE]

The only thing you can really tell is of humanoid structure is the head. The rest just looks like abstract grayness. There's no depth in the focal/background; you can hardly even tell that there is a background. There's no blending between the render and effects placed on this, it just looks like blocks of gray. It would be cool if Batman looked as if he was fading away into these blocks of gray, but that would call for depth, focal positioning, blending options, and blurring/sharpness.

Contrary to whats others are saying, I like the darkness, but I think a bit more vibrance would do it some good. Also not sure if you did this on purpose but the repeated industrial texture is very blatantly repeated.

[quote name='Game Master']The only thing you can really tell is of humanoid structure is the head. The rest just looks like abstract grayness. There's no depth in the focal/background; you can hardly even tell that there is a background. There's no blending between the render and effects placed on this, it just looks like blocks of gray. It would be cool if Batman looked as if he was fading away into these blocks of gray, but that would call for depth, focal positioning, blending options, and blurring/sharpness.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you're not familiar with Metalst, or professional design. This tag demonstrates every necessary element for a design to a t. The depth is there, and obviously so. The effects are, also obviously, blended with the focal. That's the entire concept of this piece. You say it'd look cool if he was blending, but that's literally what he accomplished with this.

I don't understand what you're saying because what you're criticizing isn't actually applicable to this tag. The things you want added are also already there.

It's one thing to counteract a statement I'm making, however it's rather uncalled for to attack me. Nonetheless, what you're stating is simply inaccurate. Depth, first off, is the major lacking point of this piece. It's all focalized on the same plane, displaying no depth whatsoever - apart from the very standard background you can barely see, negating itself, practically. The effects, albeit nice looking, also draw too much attention from the focal. As I've stated previously; sometimes less is more. If there weren't so much of it, it would look great in my opinion. The effects may be the same general color as the render, but it most certainly is not blended. It mostly looks as if it were simply slapped right on top of the render.

The lighting, however, I would like to point out, is superb. Good job on that! Edited by Game Master

Didn't mean to attack you. It's just literally what you're saying is flat out wrong. There's a clear field of depth in this. It's as if the focal is in the near-center of a room, with it darkening behind him and in front of him. He couldn't have made the depth any more blatant.

I mean this isn't really something you can debate. I respect your opinions, but it's not an opinionated subject. Maybe you want [i]more[/i] depth, which is understandable. But there is a very clear field of depth here.

Lighting != depth

Lighting can be used to create depth.