Hope

Real Real Life

So just leaving the police station.

College house got broken into by 5 black guys and got a gun pointed at my face. Spent 3 hours in the police station and am not allowed to enter my house for another 6 hours because they're currently getting a search warrant.

Been coolin at Denny's for the AM.

There's some real life for you.

Sounds like a wonderful day!! Sorry to hear that your house got broken into.

[quote name='Hope']So just leaving the police station.

College house got broken into by 5 black guys and got a gun pointed at my face. Spent 3 hours in the police station and am not allowed to enter my house for another 6 hours because they're currently getting a search warrant.

Been coolin at Denny's for the AM.

There's some real life for you.[/QUOTE]

lol 5 to break into 1 house? ripperino [URL=http://www.runelocus.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=bumchums]#bumchums[/URL] , hope your okay :P

Damn, thats crazy. Something similar happen to me but I was going home after classes. I pretty much walk around with a pocket knife now. Also how does having a search warrant affect YOU entering your house? Sounds like they're just trying to delay you from entering your house for your "safety", which I don't see why the guys would come back. I don't know much about law and how these things work so you're welcome to shed some knowledge on me :-). Hope you're okay [MENTION=35144]Hope[/MENTION]!

[quote name='Vesta Main']Damn, thats crazy. Something similar happen to me but I was going home after classes. I pretty much walk around with a pocket knife now. Also how does having a search warrant affect YOU entering your house? Sounds like they're just trying to delay you from entering your house for your "safety", which I don't see why the guys would come back. I don't know much about law and how these things work so you're welcome to shed some knowledge on me :-). Hope you're okay @[B][URL="http://www.runelocus.com/forums/member.php?u=35144"]Hope[/URL][/B]![/QUOTE]

They smelled weed; we had some girls over a few hours before and were smoking some blunts. So they figured the weed was more important than investigating the gun robbery. Collected 13-18 counts of paraphernalia and $1500 of our drugs (not charged with anything though since we called in as victims). I live with 3 roommates.

The police said that when they do searches of houses with warrants, the people residing in the house are not allowed to be there. Took them 3 hours to get it signed by the judge and another 1-2 to actually search.

Yet, they did not have the warrant at the time, and would be illegal for them to prevent you from entering your own home. You're free to do as you please until they get that warrant.

I was in hospital for bruised ribs and a broken arm, and I'd rather have that over having a gun pointed to my face.

Sounds pretty scary man. What were your initial thoughts when this was happening?