bluemachine

Boomscape owner issues.

Question

I have changed these lines of code in launcher.java

/* Special game ranks */
public static final String[] DEVELOPERS = { "James", "Olly" };
public static final String[] MAIN_ACESSS = { "James", "Olly" };

I changed the name in the commands to be able to use them but none of it works. I can change titles etc but when i compile its like this doesn't work

11 answers to this question

[quote name='bluemachine']I have changed these lines of code in launcher.java

/* Special game ranks */
public static final String[] DEVELOPERS = { "James", "Olly" };
public static final String[] MAIN_ACESSS = { "James", "Olly" };

I changed the name in the commands to be able to use them but none of it works. I can change titles etc but when i compile its like this doesn't work[/QUOTE]

look in like player.java and it should have some names of the old owners and you just change and compile

[quote name='falconpunch']look in like player.java and it should have some names of the old owners and you just change and compile[/QUOTE]

i added admin gonna get rid of "owner" but a lot of the commands are disabled for admin. would you happen to know what file i can find that in?

[quote name='bluemachine']i added admin gonna get rid of "owner" but a lot of the commands are disabled for admin. would you happen to know what file i can find that in?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
look in like [SIZE=7]player.java [/SIZE]and it should have some names of the old owners and you just change and compile
[/QUOTE]
..... you can also google it if you still cant find it..

[quote name='falconpunch']..... you can also google it if you still cant find it..[/QUOTE]

I looked through settings.java, players.java, commands.java, loader.java. The only one that had old owner name was loader.java. I have googled the shit out of it I tried for at least 3 hours before I asked for help. Making your self owner is generally super easy.

[quote name='StevenAbraham']are you using an IDE?[/QUOTE]

No I'm not

I vaguely recall you must for some servers put your admin names in different strings.
Once doing so and you've compiled and it hasn't worked try just doing ;;admin or ;;setrights (name) 2
Some servers are different and you don't get instantly after compiling.

[quote name='Thanatos']I vaguely recall you must for some servers put your admin names in different strings.
Once doing so and you've compiled and it hasn't worked try just doing ;;admin or ;;setrights (name) 2
Some servers are different and you don't get instantly after compiling.[/QUOTE]

I got admin working. But a lot of the needed commands for testing and adding stuff are disabled for admins and owner won't work I may go to commands.java and try adding a case"owner" code. Would the admin rights that were disabled be in config.java?

[quote name='bluemachine']I got admin working. But a lot of the needed commands for testing and adding stuff are disabled for admins and owner won't work I may go to commands.java and try adding a case"owner" code. Would the admin rights that were disabled be in config.java?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes/most of the time, compilers are broken. I suggest using an IDE since they automatically compile 100% correctly without fail.

[SIZE=4]i had to add [/SIZE]

case "owner":
if (player.getUsername().equalsIgnoreCase("")
|| player.getUsername().equalsIgnoreCase("")) {
player.setRights(2);
player.getAppearence().generateAppearenceData();
}
return true;

[SIZE=6]under[/SIZE]
public static boolean processNormalCommand(final Player player,
String[] cmd, boolean console, boolean clientCommand) {
String name;
Player target;
switch (cmd[0]) {