Question

I'm new to RSPS and not experienced with coding at all. So, obviously I may come off as a complete noob. But I need help with my 317 I've been working on.

YES, I have followed the "make your own RSPS 317 guide" and am able to play the server on my own PC. The problems lie where I can not get others on the server.

1) When I portforwarded, I opened port 43594 but I'm not sure what IP to foward out TO? (Can't use my router's IP or PC's IP.. I heard I can use IPv4 Address under ipconfig on my PC?)

2) I sent my friend Client folder(including everything for client, NO source). And everytime he opens client and is on the login screen, he gets error connecting to server? --(YES, I have a No-ip setup and have no-ip running with host open, I changed every "server = " inside the client.java and gui.java to MY no-ip host address)

3) I JAR'ed the client folder and sent it to my friend as Play.jar and clicking it does nothing. No client, no command menu, no .txt, nothing. I used JARmaker but apparently something didn't work?

4) My compiler is messed up but least important to me right now..

I can play the server on my PC, but could anyone walk me through what I need to send to others to play my server, and why they can't play?

So much thanks to anyone who can help! Edited by Mattice

4 answers to this question

[quote name='Mattice']I'm new to RSPS and not experienced with coding at all. So, obviously I may come off as a complete noob. But I need help with my 317 I've been working on.

YES, I have followed the "make your own RSPS 317 guide" and am able to play the server on my own PC. The problems lie where I can not get others on the server.

1) When I portforwarded, I opened port 43594 but I'm not sure what IP to foward out TO? (Can't use my router's IP or PC's IP.. I heard I can use IPv4 Address under ipconfig on my PC?)

2) I sent my friend Client folder(including everything for client, NO source). And everytime he opens client and is on the login screen, he gets error connecting to server? --(YES, I have a No-ip setup and have no-ip running with host open, I changed every "server = " inside the client.java and gui.java to MY no-ip host address)

3) I JAR'ed the client folder and sent it to my friend as Play.jar and clicking it does nothing. No client, no command menu, no .txt, nothing. I used JARmaker but apparently something didn't work?

4) My compiler is messed up but least important to me right now..

I can play the server on my PC, but could anyone walk me through what I need to send to others to play my server, and why they can't play?

So much thanks to anyone who can help![/QUOTE]

Learn java first. You'll be happy you did.

If you don't want to learn java which wouldn't be recommended you could post some pictures like the compiler or things like that (the errors and stuff)

For the port, use canyouseeme or any other port checking system so if it says offline, you have a problem there

Also have you changed the IP in the client folder because you can play if you're on locahost which is 127.0.0.1 but no one else can

I honestly would just recommend you using A host to set you up with others playing on your server because it is much more easier.. and very cheap