sinnersfall

Client crashing when i try to log in

Question

When I try logging in, the game crashes and I get this message

At java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1038)
At IPAddress.method6062(IPAddress.java:127)
At Class291.run(Class291.java:327)
At java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
error_game_crash

Just trying to play this rsps offline

Edit: I just noticed there's a lot more errors than that. It seems to be connection errors. I don't have internet hence the reason why I'm playing offline. I'm a complete noob at this rsps stuff and I thought I wouldn't get any connection errors if the client loaded. What do I do? Edited by sinnersfall

4 answers to this question

Are you sure your client is set to 127.0.0.1?

[quote name='sinnersfall']When I try logging in, the game crashes and I get this message

At java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1038)
At IPAddress.method6062(IPAddress.java:127)
At Class291.run(Class291.java:327)
At java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
error_game_crash

Just trying to play this rsps offline

Edit: I just noticed there's a lot more errors than that. It seems to be connection errors. I don't have internet hence the reason why I'm playing offline. I'm a complete noob at this rsps stuff and I thought I wouldn't get any connection errors if the client loaded. What do I do?[/QUOTE]

Might be your java version. You might be trying to use an older/newer java version that the client/server isn't compatible with. Just a guess, lack of information.

Since the program runs, it's not related to java. The url exception is because it tries to open something that doesn't exist (assuming the runescape error submitter). Like Falconpunch said, need more information.

Make sure you check if you changed your JDK to the Jdk you have i know this happens to me too when i havent changed it. I hope that helps