Sign in to follow this  
sinnersfall

need help running an rsps offline

Question

I have no internet and was interested in playing an rsps offline. I have absolutely no experience with making/editing rsps's or anything like that. I downloaded a couple source + clients at my friend's house but now I have no idea what to do. I've tried looking it up but all I see is people saying change the ip I can't figure out if I'm doing it right. Also I assume once I do that I have to click "run"? Whenever I click run I also get a path not specified error.

Sorry about the complete noobishness I'd just really like to play rs even if it's a private server.

Also the source + clients I have are "chronicscape", "project-exile", and "enso" if it helps

18 answers to this question

When playing locally, you need not to change anything. The IP is typically set to your local IP (127.0.0.1), so, essentially, all you have to do is run the source and client.

You usually have to change your IP, I've found some random IP when testing a certain client + source out before :P

[quote name='Daedalus']You usually have to change your IP, I've found some random IP when testing a certain client + source out before :P[/QUOTE]

Nearly every source I've encountered had it set to local by default. Doesn't hurt to check, though, does it?

Show us your unspecified path error.

Well how do I run the source + client first of all? I'm not sure if I'm doing it right

You can use an IDE which would make things much simpler. I don't know why I didn't tell you this in the first place. They're relatively easy-to-use, and are a great environment for this. There are two '[i]mainstream[/i]' IDE's out: [url=http://eclipse.org]Eclipse[/url] and [url=http://netbeans.org]NetBeans[/url]. Once you download these, you can make a new project, insert your source and client, then run it via right-clicking the file.

However, to answer your question simply: Most sources and clients come with Batch files. These are usually named 'run' or 'start'. Just double click those and a command prompt will open up displaying output of source code it's reading.

I think im just gonna give up I cant figure this out, thanks for trying to help though /:

If that's what you desire. If you change your mind, I'd be happy to help.

Okay Nvm I actually got it but now it's stuck at 0% trying to update

Sign in to follow this