Sign in to follow this  
Brettlee3

Uncaught error fetching image

Question

Hi. When I have other people download my rsps they Experiancse this issue...
Uncaught error fetching image:
Java.lang.NullPointerException
At sun.awt.image.UrlImageSource.getConnection(Unkown Source)
Ect... ( message if you need whole thing )
I can log on just fine im using poanizer 714 rsps. They have downloaded it by Mediafire and I have done archive... I have googled and can't find anything related to a rsps or that I can understand. If you can help please put it simple as this is my first month using Java. Thanks!

12 answers to this question

[quote name='Brettlee3']Hi. When I have other people download my rsps they Experiancse this issue...
At sun.awt.image.UrlImageSource.getConnection(Unkown Source)
Ect... ( message if you need whole thing )
I can log on just fine im using poanizer 714 rsps. They have downloaded it by Mediafire and I have done archive... I have googled and can't find anything related to a rsps or that I can understand. If you can help please put it simple as this is my first month using Java. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It's probably not online. You need a vps or you need to host it yourself.

[quote name='falconpunch']It's probably not online. You need a vps or you need to host it yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm using no-ip.biz and I am port forwarding... Is that what you mean?

[quote name='Brettlee3']Yes I'm using no-ip.biz and I am port forwarding... Is that what you mean?[/QUOTE]

if it's a 718, it's a connection issue. You need to open your firewall and make sure the ports are open.

[quote name='falconpunch']if it's a 718, it's a connection issue. You need to open your firewall and make sure the ports are open.[/QUOTE]

Yeah everything looks great I can run my local client but others still can't connect. Thanks for helping me :). Any other suggestions?

[quote name='Brettlee3']Yeah everything looks great I can run my local client but others still can't connect. Thanks for helping me :). Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Then it's a connection issue.. for the millionth time. You need to change the IP int he client, jar it and send it to them.

[quote name='falconpunch']Then it's a connection issue.. for the millionth time. You need to change the IP int he client, jar it and send it to them.[/QUOTE]

That is not at all what his error persists of. Some unspecified code is being called in an unspecified way that, in turn, causes this error. However, since we can't see the code, we can't find the error. Post the class in which the error derives from and I could try to help. Also, the full error would be nice, so I'm not searching for a needle in a hay stack.

[quote name='Game Master']That is not at all what his error persists of. Some unspecified code is being called in an unspecified way that, in turn, causes this error. However, since we can't see the code, we can't find the error. Post the class in which the error derives from and I could try to help. Also, the full error would be nice, so I'm not searching for a needle in a hay stack.[/QUOTE]

"Yeah everything looks great I can run my local client but others still can't connect. "

That about sums up his issue.

[quote name='falconpunch']"Yeah everything looks great I can run my local client but others still can't connect. "

That about sums up his issue.[/QUOTE]

Not even slightly:
"Hi. When I have other people download my rsps they Experiancse this issue...
At sun.awt.image.UrlImageSource.getConnection(Unkown Source)"

[quote name='Game Master']Not even slightly:
"Hi. When I have other people download my rsps they Experiancse this issue...
At sun.awt.image.UrlImageSource.getConnection(Unkown Source)"[/QUOTE]

Yep. He's probably sending them the entire client folder and it's still on local.

[quote name='falconpunch']Yep. He's probably sending them the entire client folder and it's still on local.[/QUOTE]

I have changed it from 127.0.0.1 to my no-ip.biz and I have my firewall running correctly. I am also getting a failed to bind to port when I run it off eclipse but when I Run it off my source I don't get the error but I get the image error when I run my client. Thanks for your guys help. Any other suggestions? Edited by Brettlee3

Sign in to follow this