Anastheowner

Error connecting even though i changed IP

Question

i get an error connecting while the client is loading even though i changed the IP ,ect
some say its because of cache but i got the cache ( the one that came with the client/source ) and it is placed in correct location ,the only source/client that worked for me was trisidiax v3 but it was crap,i tried Biohazard 474 and i get error connecting to server even though i changed IP ( to localhost ) , and then i tried Project Decimal ( which i really really love and want to try and dont want to switch ) and same error,i tried another client/source and i still get this error i dont know what im doing wrong.....:mad::mad::mad:

if you want my teamviewer ill give you

BY the way does anybody know why client name in TrisidiaX source/client wont change,i edited,edited,and edited,but the only things that changed were background...and the IP ( i changed to localhost and it worked ) and the announcements in the chatbox....but it still says "Welcome to TrisidiaX" even though i edited it,and the client name on the top i changed it and its still the same,:|

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=7][COLOR="#FF0000"]PLEASE HELP![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

6 answers to this question

Pretend you just turned on your computer and downloaded a source, what are all the steps you do to turn it on? List every little thing

[quote name='StevenAbraham']Pretend you just turned on your computer and downloaded a source, what are all the steps you do to turn it on? List every little thing[/QUOTE]
the first steps are
1.change IP in client.java
2.check signlink and locate the cache ( ONLY THE CACHE THE COMES WITH THE SAME SOURCE AND CLIENT )
3.compile ( in source and in client )
i think thats it....sometimes ( depends on source/client ) i edit config,and gui
the rest sometimes i just change sprites or names n stuff

[quote name='Anastheowner']the first steps are
1.change IP in client.java
2.check signlink and locate the cache ( ONLY THE CACHE THE COMES WITH THE SAME SOURCE AND CLIENT )
3.compile ( in source and in client )
i think thats it....sometimes ( depends on source/client ) i edit config,and gui
the rest sometimes i just change sprites or names n stuff[/QUOTE]

what do you do to run the server? are you running both the server and the client? Have you tried running with an IDE? Have you tried using localhost?

when i want to run the client/server or whatever i just run the server and client,both of them
I am using localhost,i have tried 127.0.0.0 and 127.0.0.1,im only using localhost because im looking for a good source that works so i can learn , and no,i do not know how to run it with an IDE.

[quote name='Anastheowner']when i want to run the client/server or whatever i just run the server and client,both of them
I am using localhost,i have tried 127.0.0.0 and 127.0.0.1,im only using localhost because im looking for a good source that works so i can learn , and no,i do not know how to run it with an IDE.[/QUOTE]

try actually typing in "localhost" also running a server with an IDE isn't hard, i'd suggest eclipse but I know a lot of people around here don't like it, I only use it because it's all I know

[quote name='StevenAbraham']try actually typing in "localhost" also running a server with an IDE isn't hard, i'd suggest eclipse but I know a lot of people around here don't like it, I only use it because it's all I know[/QUOTE]
Ill try localhost when i get home and ill let you know what happens
And Btw i dont think it would make a difference
Thank you