kizz

[718 Matrix] Cannot get RockCrabs to walk and they cannot be attacked

Question

Greetings gentlemen and gentleladies,

I have become extremely frustrated with matrix at this point. A few hours of searching have pretty well resulted in the same issue over and over.

First I simply added the spawns in packedspawns.txt, deleted the .p and restarted. All dandy, they spawned. They didn't move however, and I wasn't able to attack them.

Then I began to tweak the combat definitions, still with no luck. Moved onto the NPC.java to enable walking.

Added:

[code]if(id == 1265)
setRandomWalk(false); //also tried true
if(id == 1267)
[/code]
Above:
[code]if (isForceWalking()) {[/code]

Still won't move. Tried various other solutions. Then I tried this tutorial: [url]https://www.moparscape.org/smf/index.php?topic=553733.0[/url]

Still nothing.

Am I missing something, as that tutorial added the spawns via an old method, why am I unable to make them move?

Is there some method somewhere stopping their movement that I need to override?

I also tried adding a case here in NPC.java:

[code]private static boolean forceRandomWalk(int npcId) {
switch (npcId) {
case 11226:
return true;
case 3341:
case 3342:
case 3343:
case 1267:
case 1265:
return true;
default:
return false;
/*
* default: return NPCDefinitions.getNPCDefinitions(npcId).name
* .equals("Icy Bones");
*/
}
}[/code]

Again no luck for movement.

Thanks for the help fellas!

[s]EDIT: NPC 1267 is attackable, but not 1265.[/s] Nevermind, only attackable when spawned by command.

[B][U]SOLVED![/U][/B]

To fix this issue, go into your unpackedspawns.txt, and remove any inline comments from your spawns:

[code]
580 - 2588 3088 0 //MAGE TRADER 2 BANK
[/code]

To:
[code]
//MAGE TRADER 2 BANK
580 - 2588 3088 0
[/code] Edited by kizz

25 answers to this question

[quote name='kizz']Greetings gentlemen and gentleladies,

I have become extremely frustrated with matrix at this point. A few hours of searching have pretty well resulted in the same issue over and over.

First I simply added the spawns in packedspawns.txt, deleted the .p and restarted. All dandy, they spawned. They didn't move however, and I wasn't able to attack them.

Then I began to tweak the combat definitions, still with no luck. Moved onto the NPC.java to enable walking.

Added:

[code]if(id == 1265)
if(id == 1267)
[/code]
Above:

Still won't move. Tried various other solutions. Then I tried this tutorial: [url]https://www.moparscape.org/smf/index.php?topic=553733.0[/url]

Still nothing.

Am I missing something, as that tutorial added the spawns via an old method, why am I unable to make them move?

switch (npcId) {
case 11226:
return true;
case 3341:
case 3342:
case 3343:
case 1267:
case 1265:
return true;
default:
return false;
/*
* .equals("Icy Bones");
*/
}
}[/code]

[s]EDIT: NPC 1267 is attackable, but not 1265.[/s] Nevermind, only attackable when spawned by command.[/QUOTE]

im not entirely sure, but when I added rock crabs to a 718, I had the same problem. Turns out there was two npcs, one for when it was just a rock thing and one for when it could be attacked. Not sure if you have the same problem though

[quote name='kizz']Greetings gentlemen and gentleladies,

Added:

[code]if(id == 1265)
if(id == 1267)
[/code]
Above:

Still nothing.

switch (npcId) {
case 11226:
return true;
case 3341:
case 3342:
case 3343:
case 1267:
case 1265:
return true;
default:
return false;
/*
* .equals("Icy Bones");
*/
}
}[/code]

[s]EDIT: NPC 1267 is attackable, but not 1265.[/s] Nevermind, only attackable when spawned by command.[/QUOTE]

Rock Crabs are already set to auto walk via cache. I suggest you remove all rock crab IDs from NPC.java and wherever else you can find them and redo it. Btw what server was it?

[quote name='Chronicscape']Rock Crabs are already set to auto walk via cache. I suggest you remove all rock crab IDs from NPC.java and wherever else you can find them and redo it. Btw what server was it?[/QUOTE]

Will give this a shot. Thanks! Also the server is a 718 Matrix base.

I doubt re-doing it will help. Removing all references of rock crabs and relying only on unpakedspawns doesn't seem to help, as it was what I originally tried.

As I said, spawning them in via command makes them work perfect. I just don't get why they have two different methods for spawning in this base -.- Edited by kizz
Failed :(

[quote name='kizz']Will give this a shot. Thanks! Also the server is a 718 Matrix base.

I doubt re-doing it will help. Removing all references of rock crabs and relying only on unpakedspawns doesn't seem to help, as it was what I originally tried.

As I said, spawning them in via command makes them work perfect. I just don't get why they have two different methods for spawning in this base -.-[/QUOTE]

Add my skype if you still would like some help. I believe I know what the issue is and you are gonna wanna RQ because of how simple the fix is lol.

Can do once I am home from work.

[quote name='kizz']Can do once I am home from work.[/QUOTE]

Alright just let me know

Still no luck here. Haven't been able to get on skype for the time being.

Is there any way you could point me to the correct class/method that I need to be messing with to get these crabs attackable and killable?

Perhaps it's something simple; have you checked their ID via examining them?

[quote name='Game Master']Perhaps it's something simple; have you checked their ID via examining them?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Their ID is correct: 1265 and 1267

Their static rocks are 1266 and 1268.

They do spawn, and do seem to have an animation playing where they just bounce up and down as they normally do when not walking. However, they will not walk and cannot be attacked.

Again, I can use the 'npc' command to spawn them, they will walk and can be attacked. But when spawned with the unpackedspawns, they don't move and are not attackable. Edited by kizz

[quote name='kizz']Yes. Their ID is correct: 1265 and 1267

Their static rocks are 1266 and 1268.

They do spawn, and do seem to have an animation playing where they just bounce up and down as they normally do when not walking. However, they will not walk and cannot be attacked.

Again, I can use the 'npc' command to spawn them, they will walk and can be attacked. But when spawned with the unpackedspawns, they don't move and are not attackable.[/QUOTE]

Since you want to do this the hard way... List all files that contain the ID 1265 and I will tell you what to change. I assume you may have them in NPCHandler.java if so you need to remove them from that.