General

Insignia - Gathering a team!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/aahlas.png[/IMG]

[B]Gathering a team:[/B]
I am currently gathering a team for a project I am going to be working on, hopefully with others in the near future. As you can see, the project I am soon to work on is entitled 'Insignia'. And yes a stable team would be perfect. One with members who enjoy developing and understanding important rules we'd have among ourselves.

[B]What is Insignia?[/B]
Insignia will be a 317 server (either PI, Asteria or Hyperion based, strawpoll below). But giving the look and aspect of 'Old School RuneScape' however I do not intend to create a full re-make of OSRS, but a similar concept sounds exciting. I want to create something, that would be more community sided. I know their is a lot of people taking a liking to osrs, but also others who disagree with it as it is not as they hoped it to be. Hopefully I can create something, we can create something outstanding to the community. For others to come & enjoy in their free time.[/CENTER]

[B]Main goals for Insignia:[/B]
[LIST]
[*][I]Creation of a unique and playable server.
[*]A successful beta testing before release of Insignia
[*]An enjoyable & stable development team.
[*]And ofcourse, in the end a successful server.[/I]
[/LIST]

[CENTER][B]How we will run Insignia:[/B]
I happen to have a decent in-come, a lot more than what's needed to get Insignia up & running and for it to continue to run throughout the years to come, and as long as people want it to stay, it shall stay. Their is no need to worry about paying for anything if you become a part of the Insignia Staff Team. All I want for the developers are staff of Insignia is for them to have an entertaining & educational experience whilst developing Insignia.[/CENTER]

[B]The staff I require: (Ordered by most important)[/B]
[LIST=1]
[*][I]Server Developers
[*]Graphical Artists
[*]A moderation team, in the near future.
[*]Web developers if possible.
[*]Management team[/I]
[/LIST]

[I]If you'd like to join this adventure in creating what could be a top server. Feel free to send me a private message on here, or you can send me a request on Skype. I'd be more than happy to accept your request[/I]

[B]Skype:[/B] PRSM.RSPS Edited by General

Talked to him and he seems very professional, not my type of gig though.

Best of luck finding a team!

mmm I have a few questions;

1. What are your set targets towards a website IE; hiscores, forum, user cp
2. How much activity would you expect from staff members?
3. Do you intend on keeping at this project?
- 3; Reason asking this for is because I've offered my services plenty of times to countless others RSPS projects out there that they have either shut down or stopped being active on their server..

[quote name='General'][CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/n6akc0.png[/IMG]

[B]Gathering a team:[/B]
I am currently gathering a team for a project I am going to be working on, hopefully with others in the near future. As you can see, the project I am soon to work on is entitled 'Insignia'. And yes a stable team would be perfect. One with members who enjoy developing and understanding important rules we'd have among ourselves.

[B]What is Insignia?[/B]
Insignia will be a 317 server (either PI, Asteria or Hyperion based, strawpoll below). But giving the look and aspect of 'Old School RuneScape' however I do not intend to create a full re-make of OSRS, but a similar concept sounds exciting. I want to create something, that would be more community sided. I know their is a lot of people taking a liking to osrs, but also others who disagree with it as it is not as they hoped it to be. Hopefully I can create something, we can create something outstanding to the community. For others to come & enjoy in their free time.[/CENTER]

[B]Main goals for Insignia:[/B]
[LIST]
[*][I]Creation of a unique and playable server.
[*]A successful beta testing before release of Insignia
[*]An enjoyable & stable development team.
[*]And ofcourse, in the end a successful server.[/I]
[/LIST]

[CENTER][B]How we will run Insignia:[/B]
I happen to have a decent in-come, a lot more than what's needed to get Insignia up & running and for it to continue to run throughout the years to come, and as long as people want it to stay, it shall stay. Their is no need to worry about paying for anything if you become a part of the Insignia Staff Team. All I want for the developers are staff of Insignia is for them to have an entertaining & educational experience whilst developing Insignia.[/CENTER]

[B]The staff I require: (Ordered by most important)[/B]
[LIST=1]
[*][I]Server Developers
[*]Graphical Artists
[*]A moderation team, in the near future.
[*]Web developers if possible.
[*]Management team[/I]
[/LIST]

[I]If you'd like to join this adventure in creating what could be a top server. Feel free to send me a private message on here, or you can send me a request on Skype. I'd be more than happy to accept your request[/I]

[B]Skype:[/B] PRSM.RSPS[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Daedalus']mmm I have a few questions;

- 3; Reason asking this for is because I've offered my services plenty of times to countless others RSPS projects out there that they have either shut down or stopped being active on their server..[/QUOTE]

also interested but this ^ also

[quote name='Daedalus']mmm I have a few questions;

- 3; Reason asking this for is because I've offered my services plenty of times to countless others RSPS projects out there that they have either shut down or stopped being active on their server..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='officiallulzs3c']also interested but this ^ also[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I'm more than happy to answer the questions listed.

1. Set targets towards the website/web development side would be to keep the website as clean and as simple as we possibly can, but also offering features that will seem more advanced, but ofcourse accessed with ease. Hoping for a fully finished website/portal and a forum upon beta testing of the server. After that hopefully by then, implementing the highscores that will be done with ease if I find a web developer to pay for matching highscores with the website, but then hopefully integrated user options on the websites main page (portal).
2. As this is a fun and educational experience, I do not expect staff and members to treat this as a full time job, more of a hobby. Of course the more time spent of the users will surely mean better quality, but that will be left for the staff and developers to decide. As it is just a hobby or possibly a side-project for some.
3. I intend to keep this project for as long as it seems possible, motivation is the key to success. I am very self-motivated and feel I can progress this server far, I don't see myself as easily put-off from whatever comes to me. So I do plan on keeping this going as far as possible.
-3; Highly understandable, it is a large community and so little finish their projects. But most of them are power hungry, what I mean by that is they have forgotten this is all for fun, and focusing on success. Where they should be definitely focusing on entertaining themselves and others whom may play the server also.

Hopefully I answered everything you need to know, but if their are anymore questions don't hesitate to ask:)

One more question, do you intend on getting a dedicated server in the future if player activity picks up?

[quote name='Daedalus']One more question, do you intend on getting a dedicated server in the future if player activity picks up?[/QUOTE]

If player activity grows I surely will not have a problem with ordering a dedicated server, but obviously will be continued on a VPS until that time comes:)

Ok final question before I add ya; Currently how many are participating in this project? o-o

Currently their are 3 members for now, I plan to make the team a little bigger but not too heavy.