Sign in to follow this  
phonicstudios

Client won't run, no errors on compiler

Question

As title stated, I've recovered a 3 year old project of mine and I tried to run it, the source loads fine as far as I can tell however the client does not.
There were some issues with a classpath but I resolved them using the -cp command but now the client won't load. It just gives me the cmd prompt with "Press any key to continue" and no client window popping up.

Does anyone have any idea?

I have teamviewer & Skype if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Sanchez

3 answers to this question

Are you sure your server is compatible with your version of Java? If not try getting an older version.

Hi,

I just downgraded to java 6, jdk 6_24 and it still doesn't seem to work...The server works fine, I tried a newer PI client and it was able to connect, however with graphical bugs all over, ofcourse.

No errors pop up yet the process terminates immediately.

Weird..

Kind regards,
Sanchez

Fixed it...Titador(a friend of mine) and I spent many hours trying to fix it, many thanks by the way, but after debugging the main void in client.java I realized the process was being terminated after attempting to execute "signlink.startpriv(InetAddress.getByName(server));"
The static string server was defined under an IP that is, after 3 years, no longer valid, I switched it to localhost aka 127.0.0.1 and it worked...My god.

Thanks titador ;)

Sign in to follow this