Dally

Suggestions To Gain More Active Members

Over the last year RuneLocus has lost a large amount of active members and / or moved over to other communities. I believe if we use some of these suggestions, then we could gain more active members.

We should add sections such as:

[B]{This has been updated with new suggestions.}[/B]

[LIST]
[*]RSPS Freebies/Contests (Sort of like contests where you can win RSPS codes and configs.) [B]{updated}[/B] [B]{old}[/B]
[*]RSPS Goods Market (Items, Files etc) [B]{old}[/B]
[*]Ranked Sections (Donator, Extreme Donator, Staff etc) [B]{nevermind, found it lawl}[/B] [B]{old}[/B]
[*]RuneScape Market (Items, Membership, Gold) - NO ACCOUNTS [B]{old}[/B]
[*]PS/XBOX Market [B]{new}[/B]
[*]GFX Of The Month [B]{old}[/B]
[*]GFX Battles [B]{old}[/B]
[*]Non-Virtual / Virtual Items Sales Section [B]{old}[/B]
[*]Report A Scam Section [B]{old}[/B]
[*]Sprite Section (A section for rsps sprites) [B]{new}[/B]
[*]Reupload Section (A section for reuploaded files of expired/dead download links) [B]{new}[/B]
[*]Higher speeds [B]{new}[/B]
[*]Better security [B]{new}[/B]
[*]Spam prevention system [B]{new}[/B]
[*]Ban detector system [B]{new}[/B]
[*]External Download area [B]{new}[/B]
[*]Better Donator Section [B]{new}[/B]
[*]RuneLocus Template & Theme Section (Where content team builds web templates and releases them for free) [B]{new}[/B]
[*]Staff Applications Section (Min. 5000 posts, max rank etc) [B]{old}[/B]
[*]Java Programmer Battle (Each programmer writes a certain code and the best and most cleanest code, wins Programmer of the month and a rank?) [B]{old}[/B]
[/LIST]

Then add:

[LIST]
[*]Custom RuneLocus-Hosted Server [B]{old}[/B]
[*]More Ranks (Programmer, Graphic Artist, Trusted, Service Provider etc) [B]{updated}[/B] [B]{old}[/B]
[*]New Look-&-Feel (New theme or logo? We need to change the rainbow color in the 'o' [B]{updated}[/B] [B]{old}[/B]
[*]More RSPS Tools in the Toplist (Webclient Builder, Client File Virus Scanner, etc) [B]{new}[/B]
[/LIST]
[MENTION=1]Ikiliki[/MENTION] [MENTION=1573]Cart[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Ziek`[/MENTION] [MENTION=188358]Envo[/MENTION]

I doubt these suggestions will be used, but hopefully do as then this forum will be way more awesome :)

Thanks, Edited by Thee Lion
Updated.

They're great suggestions but I'm pretty most of these already fits into a section already. We used to have SOTW but that kind of died out because not enough members. There could be a GFX of the month if a few members put some effort into it. I don't think the staff application section will really work out. Runelocus Hosted-server? I think that's been discussed before and it's a no. New look & new feel, I'm all for that as long as it's as organized as the "Modern Blue" theme which is my favorite.

[quote name='Vesta Main']They're great suggestions but I'm pretty most of these already fits into a section already. We used to have SOTW but that kind of died out because not enough members. There could be a GFX of the month if a few members put some effort into it. I don't think the staff application section will really work out. Runelocus Hosted-server? I think that's been discussed before and it's a no. New look & new feel, I'm all for that as long as it's as organized as the "Modern Blue" theme which is my favorite.[/QUOTE]

True enough I guess :)

[quote name='thaBoom']Over the last year RuneLocus has lost a large amount of active members and / or moved over to other communities. I believe if we use some of these suggestions, then we could gain more active members.

We should add sections such as:

[LIST]
[*]RSPS Freebies (Configs, etc things that members were selling but instead gave away for free here)
[*]RSPS Goods Market (Items, Files etc)
[*][B]Ranked Sections[/B] (Donator, Extreme Donator, Staff etc)
[*][B]RuneScape Market (Items, Membership, Gold) [/B]- NO ACCOUNTS
[*]GFX Of The Month
[*]GFX Battles
[*]Non-Virtual / Virtual Items Sales Section
[*]Report A Scam Section
[*][B]Staff Applications Section[/B] (Min. 5000 posts, max rank etc)
[*]Java Programmer Battle (Each programmer writes a certain code and the best and most cleanest code, wins Programmer of the month and a rank?)
[/LIST]

Then add:

[LIST]
[*]Custom RuneLocus-Hosted Server
[*]More Ranks
[*]New Look-&-Feel
[/LIST]

I doubt these suggestions will be used, but hopefully do as then this forum will be way more awesome :)

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

1. There is a ranked section for donors, not sure about staff zone, Id guess so.
2. This was tried before in the past I believe, and it didn't turn out too well lol (correct me if I'm wrong here people)
3. Since I've started here (back before RL changed to VB) they never (apart from content team) posted staff apps up, so I don't think they would do this, not only that but this wouldn't gain any player activity so I don't see how that could be relevant to "Suggestions To Gain More Active Members" - Even though I'm not sure that content team qualifies as "Staff team" EG moderating forums etc... xD

I have the answer to solve all of Runelocus' problems.

This link explains everything: [url]https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=runescape%20private%20servers[/url].

Runescape private servers just aren't popular anymore.

P.S. 2010 was my jam time back in the day.

[quote name='Emily']I have the answer to solve all of Runelocus' problems.

This link explains everything: [url]https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=runescape%20private%20servers[/url].

P.S. 2010 was my jam time back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was thinking that

[quote name='Emily']I have the answer to solve all of Runelocus' problems.

This link explains everything: [URL]https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=runescape%20private%20servers[/URL].

P.S. 2010 was my jam time back in the day.[/QUOTE]
This is definitely true. I think we should start to expand, and make this a somewhat allround gaming website and community. Some of the suggestions will fit in that picture, some just don't. A RL-hosted server for example won't get us anywhere because we're a toplist. The large servers, which we rely on and get most traffic from, would simply boycott us because the competition isn't fair. That's exactly what is currently happening in Europe with Google putting their own services on top of the search results.

I'm also looking into making the website's speed a shitloaaad bigger and keeping us properly protected at the same time for a cheaper price. That'd open up more advertising opportunities for us, if we have something to advertise though :)

The site just doesn't stand out any-more that's why most people moved to other communities or even tried to create there own Toplist, I support all of your Suggestions as there definitely needed.

New Forum Theme & Ranks are needed because if you think about it, When a new Server opens people go for 'Ranks' before anything. Introducing them and this Toplist might just stand out a little more. @Ik's Suggestion for Gaming forums, I'd Support it.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/pnLepCv.png[/img]

"rsps" isn't falling [b]that[/b] fast. The last search term is "runescape private server". Taking off the 's' makes a bit of difference. Edited by Ziek`

Those suggestions arent very good m8