Sign in to follow this  
sm0508

Error Connecting to Server

Question

Hello,

So I downloaded Rune-Vision RSPS source and client for PERSONAL use; I'm not planning making a profit off it. After setting it up, I managed to activate the server and open the client. However, despite adding my IP to the appropriate place in the client.java file of the client, I get "error connecting to server."
I was told to add the IP to my server.java file in the src -> server folder of the source, but I cannot find anywhere to type it (There is no server= or no-ip or 0.0.0.0).
If anyone could please tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd greatly appreciate it; I'm new at this stuff and yeah... definitely need help.

Thanks a lot :) Edited by sm0508

1 answer to this question

[quote name='sm0508']Hello,

So I downloaded Rune-Vision RSPS source and client for PERSONAL use; I'm not planning making a profit off it. After setting it up, I managed to activate the server and open the client. However, despite adding my IP to the appropriate place in the client.java file of the client, I get "error connecting to server."
I was told to add the IP to my server.java file in the src -> server folder of the source, but I cannot find anywhere to type it (There is no server= or no-ip or 0.0.0.0).
If anyone could please tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd greatly appreciate it; I'm new at this stuff and yeah... definitely need help.

Thanks a lot :)[/QUOTE]

In client, find server = and put it like this server = "127.0.0.1";

Sign in to follow this