Sign in to follow this  
Stoneyz

NPC Drops.

Question

Hi all.

I have recently just deleted my packedDrops.d from the source I am using as I was trying to update drops for several NPCs.
When I run the server in Eclipse I get the following error

[code]
[Launcher] Running Server...
ERROR! THREAD NAME: main
java.io.FileNotFoundException: data/npcs/packedDrops.d (No such file or directory)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:241)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:122)
at com.rs.utils.NPCDrops.loadPackedNPCDrops(NPCDrops.java:62)
at com.rs.utils.NPCDrops.init(NPCDrops.java:20)
at com.rs.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:67)
[Launcher] Server took 2858 milli seconds to launch.
[/code]

The Server runs fine, just that NPC's don't drop nothing. Obviously...
I have tried to recreate packedDrops.d, but nothing is happening.

Also, the source came with a Drop Editor which is really handy, but I'm unable to run it on my Mac. I know that *.bat files are not able to run on Mac's but I know that *.sh or *.command are a Mac equivalent to Windows *.bat file. I have Googled about trying to convert it to .command or anything that will make it run. But I can't seem to get it right. If someone could help me with this, I will be very grateful! If you need the file contents, post and I'll post them if needed.

Thanks Majorly!
Stoneyz.

4 answers to this question

read error

java.io.FileNotFoundException: data/npcs/packedDrops.d (No such file or directory)

it cant find them the file doesnt exist

I've even made a .txt file and renamed it, but still the same thing happens

[quote name='Stoneyz']I've even made a .txt file and renamed it, but still the same thing happens[/QUOTE]

You don't delete the packeddrops like you do for the shops (so just restore it from your recycle bin or get another one). You can't simply just make a .txt file and rename it as that packeddrops file has certain code that the compiler is searching for.

[quote name='falconpunch']You don't delete the packeddrops like you do for the shops (so just restore it from your recycle bin or get another one). You can't simply just make a .txt file and rename it as that packeddrops file has certain code that the compiler is searching for.[/QUOTE]

Was just about to say the exact same thing lol

Sign in to follow this