Sign in to follow this  
Earth

Hello, I'm buying a VPS some time today and I need a developer.

Source: Rune-Evo v3 - 718//753
info: not much rewards, it's nothing too serious as of the moment but I'd like someone who's capable of easily coding this source please and ty. You will not have direct access to the VPS. PM or comment :)

How on earth (no pun intended) do you expect someone to update the server if it needs updating then without VPS access? (Not that I am interested as I have my own server to deal with.)

[quote name='Daedalus']How on earth (no pun intended) do you expect someone to update the server if it needs updating then without VPS access? (Not that I am interested as I have my own server to deal with.)[/QUOTE]

Could use dropbox.

Yes, dropbox.

[quote name='high105']Could use dropbox.[/QUOTE]

Okay, lets say something like a major bug was found, and players were abusing it and the coder made a patch to it, but was unavailable to update the server, what then? :P

is anyone interested? i will change sources to anything 718 - 718/753

[quote name='Daedalus']Okay, lets say something like a major bug was found, and players were abusing it and the coder made a patch to it, but was unavailable to update the server, what then? :P[/QUOTE]

okay so the coder made a patch to it.. but was unable to compile? I'd do it for him.

[quote name='Daedalus']Okay, lets say something like a major bug was found, and players were abusing it and the coder made a patch to it, but was unavailable to update the server, what then? :P[/QUOTE]

Create a ::update command that auto restarts the server :P
gg g0ml rekt
haha jk. I agree with what you're saying, I'm just saying its still possible

May as well install FTP to update the server then put in a server restart command, though restarting via ingame would be useless, as the program wouldn't reboot xD any case I'll leave this topic now to stop going off-topic xD

Good luck to OP :P

thanks ^~^ still need someone. i'll fund the server if anyone was wondering.