Le Vieux

Setting up a Survival RSPS

Question

Hello!

------------------------

To begin, thanks for clicking on my thread! I haven't been on Runelocus in quite some time and have taken a liking to RSPS once again after a 6 month break. This time I'm back with a brand new idea, a Zombie Survival RSPS.

-----------------------

So I've created this thread to firstly, tell you about me, what I want to create, what I might need, a bit of help and advice and a way you can contact me.

My name is Callum Bass, I'm 14 years old. I currently live in London and I love to program. I've been working with various languages such as VB, Python, HTML, PHP and Javascript. I've coded RSPS for over 2 years now, and have been playing Runescape and Private Servers since I was 7. After having a 2 week holiday to Spain, I lost interest in RSPS. I began to get bored and eventually stopped running my small server named PreLumby. Since then, I've practiced coding in Unity and Creating Windows Form Applications. Now, I've had an odd inspiration to be part of something new, something different. Now, I love to create and I feel brainstorming/expanding on ideas is crucial, so I've formed a list of things I plan to install from scratch into my server.

It consists of :
[LIST]
[*]Multiple Types of Zombies ( Ranging from Weak - Strong )
[*]Zombie Bosses which Spawn Randomly
[*]Caskets which are dropped around the World
[*]Hunger and Thirst Interfaces
[*]Hunger and Thirst Countdown's ( Death once 0 )
[*]Multiple shops containing Rare Items
[*]Z-Tokens obtained from Zombie Bosses
[*]Random Survivors offering XP and Rewards
[*]Small Quests around the World completed by players for XP
[*]Slow XP Rates to add challenge to the game
[*]Guide Books for beginners
[*]Voting for XP or Other Crucial Equipment
[*]PVP World and Safezones for Beginners and Others
[*]New, Sleek Client Login Design
[*]Attractive and Enticing Server Website
[*]Timed Support Drops ( Players Notified and Once clicked recieve vital items )
[*]Server messages notifying players about events and other important matters
[*]Many Other Things!
[/LIST]

----------------------------------

Now, this is only a short list on what I hope for in the Server. I have yet to brainstorm names but don't expect it to be very hard. I know servers like this won't take a couple of days to create, I don't plan to leech a popular source and client and release it as my own. I have to admit I did leech, but now I want to challenge myself, create something I can say I helped to make. I've done plenty of research and found a few projects based on this idea, and I think I have found the main issue. Updates, games and genres like these cannot be created and left to stand on there current features, they need to be improved and upgraded constantly. This idea can be made big and taken to a whole new level, but programmers aren't putting everything they have into the project, where as I am willing to.

--------------------------------

The reason I posted this on Runelocus is because I've been here for 2 years now and I know alot of the community ( Also worked with a few ) . I know I can trust some people, and realise this would probably be the best place to advertise my server and open positions. Finally, Im looking for other developers, people with a passion and experience with these types of games, I need people who are willing to put in as much effort as I am. I'm not looking for hosters or website designers quite yet, but I need people who know how to work with 317 servers, enough to make this dream happen and worth while.

If you feel you are the right person for the job, please contact me on Skype at : cjb162 ( avoid messaging me on Runelocus and I don't always check it straight away! ) . I'm not looking at recruiting many people, only a small team.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about my big, crazy idea.

2 answers to this question

[quote name='Le Vieux']Hello!

------------------------

To begin, thanks for clicking on my thread! I haven't been on Runelocus in quite some time and have taken a liking to RSPS once again after a 6 month break. This time I'm back with a brand new idea, a Zombie Survival RSPS.

-----------------------

So I've created this thread to firstly, tell you about me, what I want to create, what I might need, a bit of help and advice and a way you can contact me.

My name is Callum Bass, I'm 14 years old. I currently live in London and I love to program. I've been working with various languages such as VB, Python, HTML, PHP and Javascript. I've coded RSPS for over 2 years now, and have been playing Runescape and Private Servers since I was 7. After having a 2 week holiday to Spain, I lost interest in RSPS. I began to get bored and eventually stopped running my small server named PreLumby. Since then, I've practiced coding in Unity and Creating Windows Form Applications. Now, I've had an odd inspiration to be part of something new, something different. Now, I love to create and I feel brainstorming/expanding on ideas is crucial, so I've formed a list of things I plan to install from scratch into my server.

It consists of :
[LIST]
[*]Multiple Types of Zombies ( Ranging from Weak - Strong )
[*]Zombie Bosses which Spawn Randomly
[*]Caskets which are dropped around the World
[*]Hunger and Thirst Interfaces
[*]Hunger and Thirst Countdown's ( Death once 0 )
[*]Multiple shops containing Rare Items
[*]Z-Tokens obtained from Zombie Bosses
[*]Random Survivors offering XP and Rewards
[*]Small Quests around the World completed by players for XP
[*]Slow XP Rates to add challenge to the game
[*]Guide Books for beginners
[*]Voting for XP or Other Crucial Equipment
[*]PVP World and Safezones for Beginners and Others
[*]New, Sleek Client Login Design
[*]Attractive and Enticing Server Website
[*]Timed Support Drops ( Players Notified and Once clicked recieve vital items )
[*]Server messages notifying players about events and other important matters
[*]Many Other Things!
[/LIST]

----------------------------------

Now, this is only a short list on what I hope for in the Server. I have yet to brainstorm names but don't expect it to be very hard. I know servers like this won't take a couple of days to create, I don't plan to leech a popular source and client and release it as my own. I have to admit I did leech, but now I want to challenge myself, create something I can say I helped to make. I've done plenty of research and found a few projects based on this idea, and I think I have found the main issue. Updates, games and genres like these cannot be created and left to stand on there current features, they need to be improved and upgraded constantly. This idea can be made big and taken to a whole new level, but programmers aren't putting everything they have into the project, where as I am willing to.

The reason I posted this on Runelocus is because I've been here for 2 years now and I know alot of the community ( Also worked with a few ) . I know I can trust some people, and realise this would probably be the best place to advertise my server and open positions. Finally, Im looking for other developers, people with a passion and experience with these types of games, I need people who are willing to put in as much effort as I am. I'm not looking for hosters or website designers quite yet, but I need people who know how to work with 317 servers, enough to make this dream happen and worth while.

If you feel you are the right person for the job, please contact me on Skype at : cjb162 ( avoid messaging me on Runelocus and I don't always check it straight away! ) . I'm not looking at recruiting many people, only a small team.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about my big, crazy idea.[/QUOTE]

Put it in requests in general RSPS or something. the halp section ain't the rite place m902

Not very new or different considering the literal hundreds of zombie apocalypse themed servers already attempted, but I wish you the best of luck