Sign in to follow this  
Huggerino

Need Help With Setting Up a VPS!

Question

Hey Runelocus peeps.

I recently made a 718 RSPS but I need help with VPS hosting. I don't know how to use it because whatever VPS website I go on it always asks me for a domain etc. Oh and if you guys know a good and reliable VPS please tell me.

Also I have a couple questions if you guys could help me.
1. Does your computer have to be on in order to let the VPS host for you?
2. Most reliable VPS for RSPS hosting out there?

I'd be glad if you guys could help me! You could message me at skype: yoitskevman or just simply help me below. :)

20 answers to this question

[quote name='Huggerino']Hey Runelocus peeps.

I recently made a 718 RSPS but I need help with VPS hosting. I don't know how to use it because whatever VPS website I go on it always asks me for a domain etc. Oh and if you guys know a good and reliable VPS please tell me.

Also I have a couple questions if you guys could help me.
1. Does your computer have to be on in order to let the VPS host for you?
2. Most reliable VPS for RSPS hosting out there?

I'd be glad if you guys could help me! You could message me at skype: yoitskevman or just simply help me below. :)[/QUOTE]

The domain is whatever your website is or will be. [url]www.servernamescape.com[/url]

I personally use flipperhost, they're always putting out deals, they're very friendly, they have good offers and they have yet to fail me.

[url]http://www.flipperhost.com[/url]

1. Does your computer have to be on in order to let the VPS host for you? No - it's a virtual computer that can be turned off.
2. Most reliable VPS for RSPS hosting out there? Like I said, flipperhost has yet to fail me, they're amazing.

Thank you so much! I have one more question. On flipperhost, what's the difference between Budget and KVM?

[quote name='Huggerino']Thank you so much! I have one more question. On flipperhost, what's the difference between Budget and KVM?[/QUOTE]

The KVM's are higher specs/better CP's. I'd suggest using Windows if you don't know how Linux works.

KVM's aren't higher specs themselves, hardware is hardware no matter what Operating System you put on it. The operating system however does determine how much of the systems base resources will be required to run the OS & BIOS itself. If you place a non-gui based OS on a system, it'll use less resources than that of a gui based one.

[quote name='Hope']KVM's aren't higher specs themselves, hardware is hardware no matter what Operating System you put on it. The operating system however does determine how much of the systems base resources will be required to run the OS & BIOS itself. If you place a non-gui based OS on a system, it'll use less resources than that of a gui based one.[/QUOTE]

I also meant that on Flipperhost, they usually have KVM as the higher priced Linux VPS with the better specs.

So you would recommend me getting a Windows VPS because it would be easy for me?

[quote name='Huggerino']So you would recommend me getting a Windows VPS because it would be easy for me?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Like using your own Windows computer. It's straight forward and noob friendly.

[quote name='falconpunch']Indeed. Like using your own Windows computer. It's straight forward and noob friendly.[/QUOTE]

Wait, falcon. I have one last question. On the checkout place there's a category called Configurable Options, and there's this OS option. How do I find out my operating system? 'cuz there's like cento and 2 different windows so Help!!

[quote name='Huggerino']Wait, falcon. I have one last question. On the checkout place there's a category called Configurable Options, and there's this OS option. How do I find out my operating system? 'cuz there's like cento and 2 different windows so Help!![/QUOTE]

Do not use CentOS, use Windows 2008 or 2012 (I prefer 2008, because it's like Windows XP, and 2012 is like Windows 8).

[quote name='falconpunch']Do not use CentOS, use Windows 2008 or 2012 (I prefer 2008, because it's like Windows XP, and 2012 is like Windows 8).[/QUOTE]

2012 is like Windows 8??
what??

Sign in to follow this