Sign in to follow this  
Worldofwar

Can't get my Client to work, everytime I change the IP.

Question

So hey everyone.

I've just spent like two weeks on a Source, to start a Project with some Friends. Coding is not a problem for me, but everytime I need to put the Server online, I get problems.. I think I'm just to stupid for it, have no idea. So here's the Problem. When the Client IP in Loader.java was the basic one, the Client loaded for me &' I could get on doing my stuff. But now where I want to put the server online, I can't connect to my own Server. This is how my Loader.java looks like:

public static String IP = "MY IP ADRESS";
public static boolean LOBBY_ENABLED = false;
public static boolean DISABLE_XTEA_CRASH = true;
public static boolean DISABLE_USELESS_PACKETS = true;
public static boolean DISABLE_RSA = false;
public static boolean COMBAT_BETA = true;

public static final int REVISION = 718;
public static final int LOBBY_PORT = 43594;
public static String LOBBY_IP = "MY NO IP HOST NAME";
public static int SUB_REVISION = 1;
public static Loader instance;
public static int[] outSizes = new int[256];
public static boolean localHost;

I have no idea, if I have to change something in the Server too, like in "Settings.java", the Sub Revision matches to the Server's revision &' everything works, untill I change the Client's Ip adress. Any Idea on what this Problem could be?

1 answer to this question

[quote name='Worldofwar']So hey everyone.

I've just spent like two weeks on a Source, to start a Project with some Friends. Coding is not a problem for me, but everytime I need to put the Server online, I get problems.. I think I'm just to stupid for it, have no idea. So here's the Problem. When the Client IP in Loader.java was the basic one, the Client loaded for me &' I could get on doing my stuff. But now where I want to put the server online, I can't connect to my own Server. This is how my Loader.java looks like:

public static String IP = "MY IP ADRESS";
public static boolean LOBBY_ENABLED = false;
public static boolean DISABLE_XTEA_CRASH = true;
public static boolean DISABLE_USELESS_PACKETS = true;
public static boolean DISABLE_RSA = false;
public static boolean COMBAT_BETA = true;

public static final int REVISION = 718;
public static final int LOBBY_PORT = 43594;
public static String LOBBY_IP = "MY NO IP HOST NAME";
public static int SUB_REVISION = 1;
public static Loader instance;
public static int[] outSizes = new int[256];
public static boolean localHost;

I have no idea, if I have to change something in the Server too, like in "Settings.java", the Sub Revision matches to the Server's revision &' everything works, untill I change the Client's Ip adress. Any Idea on what this Problem could be?[/QUOTE]

If you're hosting it on your computer and you port forwarded, opened your firewall correctly and your friends can get on, you use a special client with 127.0.0.1 because you're still hosting it locally.

Sign in to follow this