Sign in to follow this  
theReck

Interested in Learning

I'm interested in learning to code java. I'm not asking for complete tutorials yourself, but feel free to reply with links to good programs to use, good sources / clients (preferably 317) to use and if you know any well made tutorials feel free to share them as well. I am a complete noob right now so don't hate me for not knowing what I am talking about. Hopefully one day I'll be able to put something together and make a well-made server one day.

I'll be releasing the first few lesson plans on my website [url]http://javadaily.net[/url] on October 20th. You should check them out.

[quote name='Hope']I'll be releasing the first few lesson plans on my website on October 20th. You should check them out.[/QUOTE]

cool site man! OT: Everyone hates on PI but I have learned a lot from the vast amounts of tutorials on it. I would say to go with PI source to start with just because of the amount of resources out there, do a bit of research on it.

Use eclipse makes life easier when coding and using a project insanity source and client. simple, quick and easy.

It would be cool if we could do a project together.

[quote name='squashy']Use eclipse makes life easier when coding and using a project insanity source and client. simple, quick and easy.[/QUOTE]

Using eclipse right off the bat is actually a terrible habit. I mean, yes, it helps us in a huge way... but people don't really learn too much of a language when a program (eclipse) auto fills in information.

To be honest, I bet if a LARGE percentage of this site were to be given a written test on Java, very very few would pass.

You simply just don't retain the information as well as you would in other ways/methods.

I'd recommend as Hope said not using Eclipse, or netbeans or really any IDE to start with!

[quote name='theReck']I'm interested in learning to code java. I'm not asking for complete tutorials yourself, but feel free to reply with links to good programs to use, good sources / clients (preferably 317) to use and if you know any well made tutorials feel free to share them as well. I am a complete noob right now so don't hate me for not knowing what I am talking about. Hopefully one day I'll be able to put something together and make a well-made server one day.[/QUOTE]

use notepad++ whilst learning and then once you have the hang of things and start to retain information switch to eclipse

Sign in to follow this