Sign in to follow this  
damuel

J5 Connect error with Others

Question

Hey all, used to host a 474 years ago, not really used to 718s at all, so sorry if I'm somewhat noobish with the new file layout.

I got a source up and running and can connect to it myself, both via local IP, and the IP I port forwarded and want the server to use. However I sent the compiled client to my friend (Ben_U's client) and he gets stuck at 0% connecting with an error. He has turned off his firewall completely, but still cannot join. We tried with another server's client and he managed to get in, so I don't think it's a Java issue.

I'm somewhat stumped. I've tested my ports and they all work according to both Rune Locus and the program I use to port forward.

2 answers to this question

Js5_connect_error means you are trying to connect to a server which isn't online. So you either have not put in the right ip, or you have given the wrong client.

Well I'm not sure how that can be. I have the loader set to my public IP, and I can connect via that loader and via a loader with my local IP. Clearly the server is actually up, at least locally. Is there something I need to edit in the settings.java besides the IP/Port/Revision to actually allow others to connect? Edited by damuel

Sign in to follow this