Sign in to follow this  
theReck

Are you the Coder I am looking for?

Ok, there are countless amounts of private servers out there, but none of them seem to be perfect. I'm not saying there aren't any good ones, but perfect? No way. I've been playing private servers since the original YanilleScape which was around 3-4 years ago I think, but I could be completely wrong. Any ways, I believe that over the years, I have played countless amounts of private servers, with different revisions, economy / spawn, ect. Overall, I believe I have an amazing knowledge on what it'd take to create a magnificent private server. This is where you come in...

I expect no reward or gratitude if my ideas were put into a server and the server were to succeed. I simply want to give out my ideas to a developer with plans on creating a server, but is having troubles getting ideas for what the private server community might like. Therefore to sum it up, if you're a developer with interests in working on a project that has a good chance at becoming successful, please contact me on my Skype ([B]nottheReck[/B]) and talk to me about it there.

Please take into consideration, as I am just simply giving out the ideas, I would take no responsibility in website development, server development, or paying for the VPS and other needed fees. I just want to get my ideas out there to create a perfect server that I, and soo many other people would enjoy if done correctly.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below in a reply or contact me in a PM or on my Skype.

"Time will be needed, and I've got plenty of it".

Everyone has their own perception of the perfect server. There are so many servers because pretty much every server is somewhat different, thus giving people a variety to choose from. You may see you ideas as "perfect", but an equivalent amount of people might hate it.

I understand where you're coming from but I think over the years, I've played a variety of private server revisions therefore being able to combine bits and pieces from other servers to make a server that pretty much everyone can enjoy if they put the time and effort into checking it out. But I know I am somewhat exaggerating about making a "perfect" server, it would just be a great server that everyone could enjoy, like I said. Thank you heaps for your input though as you've made me think about it a little deeper.

[quote name='theReck']I understand where you're coming from but I think over the years, I've played a variety of private server revisions therefore being able to combine bits and pieces from other servers to make a server that pretty much everyone can enjoy if they put the time and effort into checking it out. But I know I am somewhat exaggerating about making a "perfect" server, it would just be a great server that everyone could enjoy, like I said. Thank you heaps for your input though as you've made me think about it a little deeper.[/QUOTE]

falconpunch is 100% right, your idea of a perfect rsps might be complete and utter shit to someone else, there will always be aspects of a server some people hate and some people like but that's just how rsps's work.

[quote name='officiallulzs3c']falconpunch is 100% right, your idea of a perfect rsps might be complete and utter shit to someone else, there will always be aspects of a server some people hate and some people like but that's just how rsps's work.[/QUOTE]

Of course, I've obviously exaggerating the "perfect" rsps. No matter what it is there is always someone that wouldn't like it. But I know that A LOT of people will enjoy what I put together.

[quote name='theReck']Of course, I've obviously exaggerating the "perfect" rsps. No matter what it is there is always someone that wouldn't like it. But I know that A LOT of people will enjoy what I put together.[/QUOTE]

no doubt whatever suggestions you list or have to make a decent rsps they've more than likely already been suggested and tried/tested.

either way good luck finding a dev to turn your ideas into an actual server

It's hard to explain but I don't mean suggestions as small things to add or anything like that. I mean the big parts of servers like, the revision, the home, the mini-games, the bosses, the skill zones, ect. All of these ideas of mine together will make a great server.

I'm still interested in sharing my ideas with a developer / team in need of ideas for their server. Add me on skype (notthereck) if you'd like to hear my ideas, even if you aren't creating a server.