WackBords

Source and Client Never Work?

Question

Hey Runelocus. I recently (yesterday) tried to run a Runescape Private server via Hamachi for just me and my brothers. I noticed that out of the 5 sources and clients that I tried, all of them said the path was not found in the CMD. If anybody could either tell me how to fix this, or send me a fully working client/source link, I'd be very happy. I'd like an oldschool type server up, but anything is fine honestly! Please help. :)

9 answers to this question

Show me the error.

I need more posts to post links, so is there any way I could add you on skype or what not? Dont want to have you waiting here forever.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://i.gyazo.com/3fa7809d8aab6e090bae7628ba62ba6f.png

You have one of two problems. The batch file could be trying to launch a version of java that either doesn't exist or isn't at the path specified, or the path to your application binaries is invalid. Right click on the [I].bat[/I] or [I].cmd[/I] file you are using to launch the application and click Edit. Post the contents of the file.

EDIT: If you have not set up your environment variables, be sure to set those up. Also be sure you compile the application before you attempt to launch! Most RuneScape emulator distributions do NOT come with precompiled binaries. Edited by Jett

[quote name='Jett']You have one of two problems. The batch file could be trying to launch a version of java that either doesn't exist or isn't at the path specified, or the path to your application binaries is invalid. Right click on the [I].bat[/I] or [I].cmd[/I] file you are using to launch the application and click Edit. Post the contents of the file.[/QUOTE]

Here are the files, although I updated Java yesterday.
[MENTION=7458]echo[/MENTION] off
title Simplicity v2
cls
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin\java" -Xmx1000m -cp bin;deps/RuneTopListV2.jar;deps/mysql.jar;deps/mina.jar;deps/slf4j.jar;deps/slf4j-nop.jar;deps/jython.jar;log4j-1.2.15.jar; server.Server
pause

Here are some things you can try to get your application to start:

[LIST]
[*]Ensure the [I]bin[/I] file actually exists and has the correct Java binaries.
[*]Make sure that [I]"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin\java"[/I] is a valid path. If not, update that with the correct information. Optionally you can set up your environment variables and replace that with "java".
[*]Make sure that [I]bin/deps[/I] actually exists and contains the following files: [I]RuneTopListV2.jar[/I], [I]mysql.jar[/I], [I]mina.jar[/I], [I]slf4j.jar[/I], [I]slf4j-nop.jar[/I], and [I]jython.jar[/I]. Also make sure that [I]log4j-1.2.15.jar[/I] is in the [I]bin[/I] folder.
[/LIST]

If none of that worked, post the system path to your JDK and the version you have. If you are missing dependencies you must either download them from the manufacturer's websites or take them from a similar base.

[quote name='Jett']Here are some things you can try to get your application to start:

[LIST]
[*]Ensure the [I]bin[/I] file actually exists and has the correct Java binaries.
[*]Make sure that [I]"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin\java"[/I] is a valid path. If not, update that with the correct information. Optionally you can set up your environment variables and replace that with "java".
[*]Make sure that [I]bin/deps[/I] actually exists and contains the following files: [I]RuneTopListV2.jar[/I], [I]mysql.jar[/I], [I]mina.jar[/I], [I]slf4j.jar[/I], [I]slf4j-nop.jar[/I], and [I]jython.jar[/I]. Also make sure that [I]log4j-1.2.15.jar[/I] is in the [I]bin[/I] folder.
[/LIST]

If none of that worked, post the system path to your JDK and the version you have. If you are missing dependencies you must either download them from the manufacturer's websites or take them from a similar base.[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude, I just asked for a different working server/client, and now you want my computer files. Thanks for the help anyways.

If you're seriously having troubles changing paths to make the server run, don't even try... This is pathetic. You're not even accepting help when everything he is asking for is valid lmao.
[CODE] [MENTION=7458]echo[/MENTION] off
title Simplicity v2
cls
[COLOR="#FF0000"]"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin\java"[/COLOR] -Xmx1000m -cp bin;deps/RuneTopListV2.jar;deps/mysql.jar;deps/mina.jar;deps/slf4j.jar;deps/slf4j-nop.jar;deps/jython.jar;log4j-1.2.15.jar; server.Server
pause
[/CODE]

Change what is in red to the location of your JDK version. it's either program files or program files (x86)

[quote name='WackBords']Sorry dude, I just asked for a different working server/client, and now you want my computer files. Thanks for the help anyways.[/QUOTE]

He's asking for a PATH... Not for files... Are you dense?

[quote name='Ziek`']He's asking for a PATH... Not for files... Are you dense?[/QUOTE]

Just let him leave. Would've been more annoying help threads anyways lol.