Sign in to follow this  
chrischris567

ItemConstants Help

Question

So I'm making it required to have 200m agility experience to equip this item. I put the following code into ItemConstants.java:

[CODE]}else if (item.getId() == 29929) {
if (player.getSkills().getXPForLevel(16) < 199999999) {
player.getPackets().sendGameMessage("You need to have 200m total experience in agility to wear this cape.");
return false;
}[/CODE]

(16 is Agility's skill ID)

And I get no errors, but I can still wear it no matter what. Any ideas? Thanks.

9 answers to this question

[quote name='chrischris567']So I'm making it required to have 200m agility experience to equip this item. I put the following code into ItemConstants.java:

[CODE]}else if (item.getId() == 29929) {
if (player.getSkills().getXPForLevel(16) < 199999999) {
player.getPackets().sendGameMessage("You need to have 200m total experience in agility to wear this cape.");
return false;
}[/CODE]

(16 is Agility's skill ID)

And I get no errors, but I can still wear it no matter what. Any ideas? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

il add you on skype. Edited by Danielxx

[quote name='chrischris567']

[CODE]
if ([COLOR="#FF0000"]player.getSkills().getXPForLevel(16) < 199999999[/COLOR]) {[/code]
[/QUOTE]

You do realise that line only gets the experience for that level, not for that skill, for example; If you were level 16 (In any skill), it will find the experience for level 16, not for the skill that has the id 16.

[quote name='Format']You do realise that line only gets the experience for that level, not for that skill, for example; If you were level 16 (In any skill), it will find the experience for level 16, not for the skill that has the id 16.[/QUOTE]

So I should change .getXPForLevel, to .getXP?

[quote name='chrischris567']So I should change .getXPForLevel, to .getXP?[/QUOTE]

Well, if that is the case, then I am assuming the getXP method returns the player's total amount of xp. I suggest searching through your skills class for a method or create one, that finds the total xp of a skill.

[code]

public int getXpForSkill(int id) {
switch (id) {
case 16:
return player.getAgilityXp();
default:
return 0;
}
}
[/code]

Don't take that piece of code literally, it is just an example.

[quote name='Format']Well, if that is the case, then I am assuming the getXP method returns the player's total amount of xp. I suggest searching through your skills class for a method or create one, that finds the total xp of a skill.

[code]

public int getXpForSkill(int id) {
switch (id) {
case 16:
return player.getAgilityXp();
default:
return 0;
}
}
[/code]

Don't take that piece of code literally, it is just an example.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a getAgilityXp() method. If I did, I wouldn't even have this problem. Lol.

I changed it to this:
[code]}else if (item.getId() == 29929) {
if (player.getSkills().getXp(Skills.AGILITY) <= 199999999) {
return false;
}[/code]

And it still doesn't work. Edited by chrischris567

[quote name='chrischris567']I don't have a getAgilityXp() method. If I did, I wouldn't even have this problem. Lol.
[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Format']
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Don't take that piece of code literally, it is just an example.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Format'].........[/QUOTE]

I didn't take it literal, I was saying that what you told me can't help me in any way because I don't have that method.

[quote name='chrischris567']I didn't take it literal, I was saying that what you told me can't help me in any way because I don't have that method.[/QUOTE]

That is why I stated;

[quote name='Format'] I suggest [COLOR="#FF0000"]searching through your skills class for a method[/COLOR] or [COLOR="#FF0000"]create one[/COLOR], that finds the total xp of a skill.
[/QUOTE]

Sign in to follow this