Sign in to follow this  
Envo

My Mixed Martial Arts Progress Log

Hey,

8 or so months ago I started mixed martial arts (grappling and a little kickboxing) every week I see myself progress and grow stronger physically and mentally. Every week I'm much further skill wise then I was the previous week and it's become second nature to me. It's made me more respectful and surprisingly much less aggressive person.

I used to be a really angry person and would look to get into fights, ever since I started mixed martial arts I don't look to start fights, and if they do come up I'm able to end them quickly. I also love how fighting and mixed martial arts is universal. When someone writes a book or writes poetry they're limited by the language the write it in, in mixed martial arts it doesn't matter where you come from, what language you speak and what your past is.

This thread will be dedicated to tracking myself and hopefully be a log for myself of my accomplishments.

[B]Upcoming Events[/B]

[LIST]
[*]Competiting in October in a grappling match.
[*]Competiting in November in a grappling match.
[/LIST]

[B]Wins/Losses
[/B]

None yet

[B]Pictures[/B]

None yet, will add soon

Sounds awesome man. I do not know you but i have been teaching myself MMA over the past half year or so. Ive only had a few chances to be able to practice with friends but i have made a lot of progress. Glad to hear things are going well for you!

[quote name='Athreal']Sounds awesome man. I do not know you but i have been teaching myself MMA over the past half year or so. Ive only had a few chances to be able to practice with friends but i have made a lot of progress. Glad to hear things are going well for you![/QUOTE]

Nice man,

Good luck, defiantly get to a MMA gym as I tried teaching myself and realized when I got to the mma gym I had to re-learn a lot of stuff as I taught it to myself wrong. If you're going to work on anything try to look up a basic tutorial on boxing/striking and just work on that.

Hey don't know if you're still around, but if you are and you're still doing this I recommend taking up Muay Thai and Judo. I used to do KB and BJJ only, and started Muay Thai and Judo as well. Stopped doing KB, kept doing BJJ. Judo has god tier synergy with Muay Thai, and MT is GOAT for MMA and street.