Arix

Independent multiworld Grand Exchange

This project is abandoned

So yeah... I suppose this is to keep me busy while I wait on my laptop. A 'small' project. A legitimate economy.

Framework:

• Independent because the Grand Exchange is in no way depending on RSPS code.
  • Communication between Grand Exchange and the world(s) in question happens via a defined protocol socket
  • Customizable behavior for the economy
  • Integrated database (Apache Derby)
  • Possibly JSON for website-related integration (I don't know about this yet, it'll be big enough as is)

Side-note: Please inform me if using Derby is a good idea. Maybe [MENTION=1045]Emily[/MENTION] can tell me :)?

Maybe you do not see the point of this, so here's a scenario.

>> Consider an RSPS called economyscape; they have 10 worlds running on different servers and ofcourse have a global grand exchange. Now, you could run a central MySQL database and then seperate instances of Grand Exchanges in each local server OR you could make a central Grand Exchange that processes all transactions and maintains the economy for all these worlds simply with a few methods that communicate with the GE server with a custom defined protocol. <<

Ofcourse the GE server needs to be secure against false transactions (not issued by the world in question) but I am not going to focus on that for now. I have some things in mind but I first want to make sure I can actually make this.

If someone feels like they can help with MySQL queries, feel free as I'm not a particular MySQL guru. I'm not considering this a serious project, it's more like a thing to do when I'm bored so don't be mad if I don't finish this.

Anyways, I will post updates soon :}

Changelog: (date = dd/mm)

24/08 - created database model (see reference #1)
23/08 - started project
[/CODE]

[MENTION=94449]Arix[/MENTION] Derby should be adequate for the project you are trying to do. It has a very small memory footprint, which is beneficial. For security, remember to look into preventing super user attacks.

Good luck with your project, seems like a neat concept.

Keep in mind that GE does require some RSPS integration (you have access masks, configs, and other settings). The component of the GE can be completely separate though (how you fluctuate prices, etc - which is what I think you are looking to do).

[quote name='Emily'][MENTION=94449]Arix[/MENTION] Derby should be adequate for the project you are trying to do. It has a very small memory footprint, which is beneficial. For security, remember to look into preventing super user attacks.

Good luck with your project, seems like a neat concept.

Keep in mind that GE does require some RSPS integration (you have access masks, configs, and other settings). The component of the GE can be completely separate though (how you fluctuate prices, etc - which is what I think you are looking to do).[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Yes indeed I am targetting the Grand Exchange system part, not the actual interface configuring etc because I'm not good at that and I'll leave that to others. I am not aiming to make the database remotely accessible, should I still worry about super-user attack?

Looking good man, good luck with this mini project.

Good luck bud, if you finish it maybe I can make the interface configs and what not.

I've made a database model that could be sufficing.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ohIeyIO.png[/IMG]

The market table is designed to be able to categorize items into different markets. There is no need to keep the amount of items in a market because that is calculable (idk if that's a word).

transactionType is either BUY or SELL (integer in database, enum in code), the name of the user is actually not necessary but could be used for reference if you need to delete a user without knowing the unique ID. Users automatically get an unique ID that is stored together with their player file and to the grand exchange server the only way to recognize players will be this id.

The only bad part is that I will have to add every single purchasable item (of a high revision) to the item table. :(

[MENTION=1045]Emily[/MENTION] I know you have alot of knowledge so I'm bothering you again to judge my model. :S Edited by Arix

[quote name='Tylerr']Good luck bud, if you finish it maybe I can make the interface configs and what not.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "make the interfaceconfigs"? The interfaceconfigs regarding the GrandExchange interface are packed in a cache index. If you need all the configs I already have them listed if you'd like (including global configs, configs, strings, interfaceconfigs, global strings).

OT:

Good luck with this, I hope you know what your doing, if you need any assistance with this - please pm me. Also just a heads up; the Grand Exchange Search client script can be a little annoying with the chat box. Edited by Format

[quote name='Format']What do you mean by "make the interfaceconfigs"? The interfaceconfigs regarding the GrandExchange interface are packed in a cache index. If you need all the configs I already have them listed if you'd like (including global configs, configs, strings, interfaceconfigs, global strings).[/QUOTE]

Feel free to post them might be of use if I decide to make the actual interfaces work. If not for me, could be useful for others.

[quote name='Arix']Feel free to post them might be of use if I decide to make the actual interfaces work. If not for me, could be useful for others.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, just pm me if you need them or need help with making the interface functional. I have GE and all the id's are scattered through my classes. I shouldn't have stated "I have them listed".

[quote name='Format']Actually, just pm me if you need them or need help with making the interface functional. I have GE and all the id's are scattered through my classes. I shouldn't have stated "I have them listed".[/QUOTE]

Haha alright thanks! For testing I will have to make one server work with the GE so that's great.