Arix

RS Economy - how does it work?

Question

If someone would be so kind to explain in detail what happens to the price of an item if i buy or sell it I would be a happy penguin. :rolleyes:

5 answers to this question

Well it depends really,

If people start buying items at a higher price, the price will slowly go up, or if people start buying items at a lower price - the price will go lower. But if there are lots of a specific item in the economy, then the price for that item will go down aswell. The less of an item there are in the community, the higher the price usually is for that item.

[quote name='Format']Well it depends really,

If people start buying items at a higher price, the price will slowly go up, or if people start buying items at a lower price - the price will go lower. But if there are lots of a specific item in the economy, then the price for that item will go down aswell. The less of an item there are in the community, the higher the price usually is for that item.[/QUOTE]
I see, so if I were to make a good Grand Exchange I would have to play around with percentages of price increase and decrease <o<?

Edit:
Very low percentages like... 0.0001% or something so that 1000 purchases on higher price make the price go up 1% something like that but downscaled to fit an RSPS. Edited by Arix

This is a great question! I'm gonna be writing a guide on it in a little bit.

[quote name='StevenAbraham']This is a great question! I'm gonna be writing a guide on it in a little bit.[/QUOTE]
I may make a server independent Grand Exchange to release it.

[quote name='Arix']I see, so if I were to make a good Grand Exchange I would have to play around with percentages of price increase and decrease <o<?

Edit:
Very low percentages like... 0.0001% or something so that 1000 purchases on higher price make the price go up 1% something like that but downscaled to fit an RSPS.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you would be doing something like that. So you'd make a class that handles prices directly, then when an item is bought the price would be returned differently by a percentage or so, e.g.

[code]

public int priceChange(int Amount_Purchased) {
int itemId = Economy.getId();
int price = Economy.getPriceForId(itemId);

switch (Amount_Purchased) {
case 1000:
return price % 2;
}

}

[/code]

That is basically what you'd start off with in your GEHandler (that wouldn't work correctly, as there is still a lot to be done to something like that). I am still yet to add that to Allastasia - at the moment you can just buy at a set price defined in an 'Economy' class.