dds man

Computer ban?

Hey, im just wondering if there is such thing as a computer ban, im asking this because on my brother computer he was ban from a server that we both play and no account was able to be logged into the server from his computer, i go down stairs onto my computer and it worked fine so this could not be ab ip ban, a few days later i did some bad things and got ban as well and could not log into any account on my computer. I know what an ip ban is and how to get past it but what is a computer ban or what is the proper name for it and how can i get past it so i can get back onto the server? Thanks guys

there is a mac ban which bans the machine ip(the computer)

[quote name='dds man']Hey, im just wondering if there is such thing as a computer ban, im asking this because on my brother computer he was ban from a server that we both play and no account was able to be logged into the server from his computer, i go down stairs onto my computer and it worked fine so this could not be ab ip ban, a few days later i did some bad things and got ban as well and could not log into any account on my computer. I know what an ip ban is and how to get past it but what is a computer ban or what is the proper name for it and how can i get past it so i can get back onto the server? Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can think of, is with them actually grabbing your PCs name, this is possible to do, though simple solution around that lol

MAC ban is most likely it.

[quote name='m7md1']there is a mac ban which bans the machine ip(the computer)[/QUOTE]

Please don't refer to a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address"]MAC address[/URL] as the machine ip.