Envo

What type of content do you want on the homepage?

Hey Runelocus,

We've recently decided to start doing blog posts more often on the homepage as this is the first thing a visitor sees when they enter the website. We also think that it can provide an enjoyable experience if visitors can go through a variety of content ranging from Runescape Memes to news about private servers.

Some of the ideas we have are Runescape Meme Mondays and once in a while we may do a server review, we will have news about servers, such as a big server closing down and generally content that will spark discussions on the blog posts.

What would you personally like to see us post? We'll be taking all suggestions and chances are if your idea is decent we'll use it.

Server of the month is always an easy way to show admiration toward a specific server who deserves more players and respect than it has.

I'd like to see more community events, perhaps integrate a SOTW contest throughout the forums/homepage, or a developer of the week concept.

I'll think of other ideas after work. :p

[quote name='Birdhouse919']Server of the month is always an easy way to show admiration toward a specific server who deserves more players and respect than it has.

I'd like to see more community events, perhaps integrate a SOTW contest throughout the forums/homepage, or a developer of the week concept.

I'll think of other ideas after work. :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks, we defiantly want to more with the homepage. I'm not sure about contests but I'll look into it. My main issue with a SOTW contest would be it being a popularity contest and that bigger servers would win.

[quote name='Envo']Thanks, we defiantly want to more with the homepage. I'm not sure about contests but I'll look into it. My main issue with a SOTW contest would be it being a popularity contest and that bigger servers would win.[/QUOTE]

Well you could do smaller servers then that you think deserve recognition!
Like say a server that you see that has constant updates and potential along with other things you find valuable in the server.

[quote name='Envo']Thanks, we defiantly want to more with the homepage. I'm not sure about contests but I'll look into it. My main issue with a SOTW contest would be it being a popularity contest and that bigger servers would win.[/QUOTE]

SOTW = Signature of the week.
Not server of the week. :p

Server of the month wouldn't be about larger servers. They already have more than enough recognition as it is. Server of the month should be a chance to recognize smaller servers who deserve something more. Who have put in enough effort to actually be the 'server of the month'.

[quote name='Birdhouse919']SOTW = Signature of the week.
Not server of the week. :p

Server of the month wouldn't be about larger servers. They already have more than enough recognition as it is. Server of the month should be a chance to recognize smaller servers who deserve something more. Who have put in enough effort to actually be the 'server of the month'.[/QUOTE]

I see, we're working on a way to judge the servers in a way that wouldn't allow people to play the favorite games. Signature of the month has been tried but theres not a big enough graphic community on the forums.

[quote name='Envo']I see, we're working on a way to judge the servers in a way that wouldn't allow people to play the favorite games. Signature of the month has been tried but theres not a big enough graphic community on the forums.[/QUOTE]

How do you plan on growing the graphics community here, if you don't give them anything to shoot for?
The Signature of the month concept would give people an opportunity to put themselves out there and try to be better than others, in which would bring new graphic artists here as well as inspire the ones that are already here.

[quote name='Birdhouse919']How do you plan on growing the graphics community here, if you don't give them anything to shoot for?
The Signature of the month concept would give people an opportunity to put themselves out there and try to be better than others, in which would bring new graphic artists here as well as inspire the ones that are already here.[/QUOTE]

That's what you would think, but unfortunately that's not the case. SOTW and SOTM has been tried multiple times in the past. The most recent attempts have been the worst failures, with them dying out within a month.

[quote name='Ziek`']That's what you would think, but unfortunately that's not the case. SOTW and SOTM has been tried multiple times in the past. The most recent attempts have been the worst failures, with them dying out within a month.[/QUOTE]

This. First I'd like to build up the RSPS developer/player community first.

I like the idea of Server of the month type of thing.

You could also do informative posts such as tips on growing a server and such.