Sign in to follow this  
Liem

Editing maps?

Question

Hi,

I've tried looking everywhere for this, but I couldn't find it. How does one go about editing the map? Things like copying a very specific portion of Lumby to some empty area, and perhaps replacing it with another piece of land, or making a road through some grassy area? I want to mesh together different pieces of land to create a new map. Note that I'm not trying to create new floor tiles from scratch, but rather move around and edit existing ones.

So how does one go about doing this? I think it may have to do with the RegionBuilder file, but I'm not sure how to use it, and couldn't find any tutorials on this (except one that was really unclear and seemed to imply that RegionID is different from coordinates which confused me).

So if anyone knows how to do this, it would be a big help. I've actually rarely if ever seen map changes in a 718+, so this may be more high tier stuff. Know that I'm still relatively a beginner though :P

2 answers to this question

Bump.

I don't do RSPS development but maybe a tutorial like this could help

[url]http://www.runelocus.com/forums/showthread.php?50968-TUT-How-to-use-RS2-Map-Editor-TUT[/url]

Sign in to follow this