McKlub

NPC Name In Dialogue

Question

I was just wondering how I would change, for example, King Roald's name in his dialogue to King Fortis. I can't seem to figure it out myself or find any tutorials on it.

Note that I'm looking for how to change it at the top of the dialogue box, not the NPC's actual name. I already did that part.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

you need to edit this throughout the cache, So what you need to do is take as example Frosty's cache editor. It allows you to create new npc's and items. Once you got frosty's cache editor then:

1- Load your cache
2- Choose npc's
3- Find the npc ID from who you want to change the name. *bad grammar lawl*
4- Click Edit, And change the npc's Name Then save it.

close your rsps, and restart it. it is possible that if you start your server, and then your client that it wont start or not even load, that is couse the editor corrupted the cache, What you want to do is to take a random npc from the list, press edit. and just hit the save button. Then restart your server. Keep repeating till you can start it.

Sorry for the bad explaination, if you can't get it. then add me on skype bjorn.schonenberg will show you how to do it.

[quote name='artizan']you need to edit this throughout the cache, So what you need to do is take as example Frosty's cache editor. It allows you to create new npc's and items. Once you got frosty's cache editor then:

1- Load your cache
2- Choose npc's
3- Find the npc ID from who you want to change the name. *bad grammar lawl*
4- Click Edit, And change the npc's Name Then save it.

close your rsps, and restart it. it is possible that if you start your server, and then your client that it wont start or not even load, that is couse the editor corrupted the cache, What you want to do is to take a random npc from the list, press edit. and just hit the save button. Then restart your server. Keep repeating till you can start it.

Sorry for the bad explaination, if you can't get it. then add me on skype bjorn.schonenberg will show you how to do it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bud!