Sign in to follow this  
Watev7

Stuck at searching for updates

Question

Firstly, I'm not the owner of the server just a player but anyway whenever I run the client it get stucks at 0 on searching for updates, as far as I know all the other people can. I figured out it's a router problem since I hotspotted from my phone and it worked. Server source is matrix718. Any help appreciated thank you.

4 answers to this question

[quote name='Watev7']Firstly, I'm not the owner of the server just a player but anyway whenever I run the client it get stucks at 0 on searching for updates, as far as I know all the other people can. I figured out it's a router problem since I hotspotted from my phone and it worked. Server source is matrix718. Any help appreciated thank you.[/QUOTE]

most likely either your anti-virus or router/firewall blocking the incoming connection and detecting it as malicious

[quote name='ProLikeZyzz']Are you using a static ip?[/QUOTE]

what on earth does that have to do with anything ?

Yeah I know but I have no idea how to change it, plus it used to work before. And yes and no tried with both(static) though I'm not sure why it would matter. Btw I have Skype and TeamViewer just in case. Edited by Watev7

[quote name='Watev7']Yeah I know but I have no idea how to change it, plus it used to work before. And yes and no tried with both(static) though I'm not sure why it would matter. Btw I have Skype and TeamViewer just in case.[/QUOTE]

add an incoming connection for port 43594, 43595 and 5555 (both udp and tcp) in your firewall.

disable your anti-virus completely and download a fresh copy of the client and try that.

if they don't work portforward your router although this shouldn't make a difference it might help diagnose if the routers blocking the connection.

Sign in to follow this