ZeldaCodes

[317][PI] Ok, this is just wierd...

Question

Ok, so i've come across a wierd issue. Ive been working on a project for one of my favorite servers, it had gone down due to the owner not knowing how to code and thus, there were no updates and what have you. So im about 70% done with it and i decided to jar the client(its finished) and let the staff test it out. I port forwarded, revived my 4 year old no-ip account, and got it running for em. I made sure the ip was correct in the client, auto cache downloader running like a dream(45 sec download/unzip). Now here is the funny part, Only 2 out of four of them could connect... The other two keep getting ""error connecting to server". I cant for the life of me figure out what is wrong lel. i would be very greatful if someone could help me with this. I can post any files you need, if any are even needed.

Thanks in advance,
Zelda

12 answers to this question

[quote name='ZeldaCodes'] ""error connecting to server".[/QUOTE]

only occurs if the client cant connect to any available server. AKA they cant connect to your server.(you probably already know this :P)

*Just throwing some ideas*
ask for a copy of the client from the one of the "ones" that "can't connect" and compare your client.java. Not sure what else you could do in this situation. maybe ask them to check if they have the latest java installed. If your not 100% sure about your port fowarding id suggest having another re-look at it too (TCP/UCP).

I made an exact copy of the client that i gave them and just changed the ip to 127.0.0.1 so i could connect(obviously), Deleted my prior port forward and reset it up, had them re install the latest java, and even renewed my no-ip. I'm at a total loss here, i know it cant be something on my end though, because Eclipse(ide) would have let me know if something was off, but it didn't come back with anything... On my port forward i set it to both TCP and UCP just in case, but it was futile, as they still cannot connect... Thanks for the attempted assist though haha. I had given them the jar for the last client i was using and it worked fine though, so ill compare the two client files and see if something is off.

[quote name='ZeldaCodes']I made an exact copy of the client that i gave them and just changed the ip to 127.0.0.1 so i could connect(obviously), Deleted my prior port forward and reset it up, had them re install the latest java, and even renewed my no-ip. I'm at a total loss here, i know it cant be something on my end though, because Eclipse(ide) would have let me know if something was off, but it didn't come back with anything... On my port forward i set it to both TCP and UCP just in case, but it was futile, as they still cannot connect... Thanks for the attempted assist though haha. I had given them the jar for the last client i was using and it worked fine though, so ill compare the two client files and see if something is off.[/QUOTE]

it may well be something server sided. check the "max allowed connections" and also "connections per ip". should be in config.java

it could also be your computer/vps blocking there ip (possibly due to it being blacklisted) or possibly because it will only accept 1-2 connections at once through the same port to stop ddos attacks

I'm getting the same thing atm with some of my members, it is due to No-IP

[quote name='officiallulzs3c']it may well be something server sided. check the "max allowed connections" and also "connections per ip". should be in config.java

it could also be your computer/vps blocking there ip (possibly due to it being blacklisted) or possibly because it will only accept 1-2 connections at once through the same port to stop ddos attacks[/QUOTE]
Forgot about changing max connections, it was at two xD that would explain why only two of them could connect. I changed it to 50 for now, just to be sure. When they get up ill have them try to get on. Thanks alot!

[quote name='No-IP announcement']
NOTICE: Our domains are still experiencing outages due to the Microsoft takedown. Please read our formal statement on the matter.
[/quote]

That could be the issue

[quote name='Maxii13']I'm getting the same thing atm with some of my members, it is due to No-IP[/QUOTE]

some members being able to connect and some not is nothing to do with no-ip outages, either your no-ip works or it doesn't.

[quote name='ZeldaCodes']Forgot about changing max connections, it was at two xD that would explain why only two of them could connect. I changed it to 50 for now, just to be sure. When they get up ill have them try to get on. Thanks alot![/QUOTE]

no problem

well, changed the maxcons. to 50, and it still doesnt work. I woke up to find no-ip was down, so now im hosting it with my actual ip and it still doesnt work for the same two players...

[quote name='ZeldaCodes']well, changed the maxcons. to 50, and it still doesnt work. I woke up to find no-ip was down, so now im hosting it with my actual ip and it still doesnt work for the same two players...[/QUOTE]

tell them to try using a vpn

[quote name='officiallulzs3c']tell them to try using a vpn[/QUOTE]
One of them tried managed to get on, but hes afk so i cant find out how lel