Sign in to follow this  
ElTown

How can friends play?

Question

I entered my hamachi ip into the server file under source and compiled it. I then ran the run file and it said the server was online under the right ip and port, but when I try to play on it using for example rswebclients or moparscape clients it says error connecting to the server even if we are all in the hamachi. I'm new to this so what client am I suppose to play on? Because I can play fine on my pc with the client it came with.

ps - I copied the client I used onto a thumbdrive and tried it on my other pc and it wouldn't even open up

8 answers to this question

You probably need to open the ports on your firewall. Did the compiler work? Is the source running?

You must enter the hamachi ip4 in your client,
And you must have hamachi downloades in the other computers, rigester the name and the password there and run the client.
No portforwarding needed in hamachi servers.

where do I put the ip into the client? because i have it in the source, and do others use the same client?

[quote name='R a m o n']server.java[/QUOTE]
LoL?:confused:

ElTown, in client.java client side search for the server ip, change it with the hamachi ipv4, save close and compile.

And yes others must use the client with the hamachi ip. so also they can connect to the server.

Details,
search for: serverip =
edit the ip and save and compile.

[quote name='falconpunch']You probably need to open the ports on your firewall. Did the compiler work? Is the source running?[/QUOTE]
Incorrecto, the main reason for people using Hamachi to host, is because they can not port forward.

Sign in to follow this