Sign in to follow this  
Christopher`

Programming challenge

The world of shoes is a big one. Bots are often used as ways to fight one another to cop a new shoe. This, is today's challenge; Create a ATC/ADC (Auto add to cart) for the following sites: Footlocker, Eastbay, Finishline, and Pickyourshoes.

For those who need a little help getting started, this is what an ATC/ADC bot does.

[spoiler=What ADC is]Usually a script or extension file loaded into a browser that automatically selects your size and adding to your cart. You program the size and when the page of the sneaker is released it will automatically select your size and add to cart for you to check out.[/spoiler]

Second part of the challenge is to add a Twitter Scanner Bot.

[spoiler=Twitter Scanner Bot info]It constantly pings twitter based on keywords to obtain and launch the link for the shoes. Twitter's API has a request frequency threshold; meaning, you can't just constantly ping it for feed updates, it's throttled, and they will suspend your API key if you exceed the limit. Meaning depending on how its written it can be ineffective. This can also be super sensitive too.[/spoiler]

More points to you if you can add them to a single GUI/program/extension.

Private message me the script code and a short video of how it works, and I will decide the winner.

Good luck chaps. Edited by Christopher`

There's actually a lot of money in doing this. My good buddy from High School paid me around $200 to make him a script for Nike awhile back, and I haven't been talking to him much, but he made some pretty decent money apparently.

He's a big shoe guy and I know nothing about them lol.

[quote name='Hope']There's actually a lot of money in doing this. My good buddy from High School paid me around $200 to make him a script for Nike awhile back, and I haven't been talking to him much, but he made some pretty decent money apparently.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people use it for the money, I, on the other hand, prefer to cop new releases to add to my collection.

Looks like a nice contest, good luck to everyone that enters.

Hopefully it will get programmers involved.

ITT: Chris trying to get people to write a program so he can cop some 1337 sneakers on release.

[quote name='Sethy']ITT: Chris trying to get people to write a program so he can cop some 1337 sneakers on release.[/QUOTE]

.... Nu uh