Sign in to follow this  
Raw Envy

Quoted thread notifications

Hey Runelocus community, haven't made a suggestion in a while but thought of something that should be added today.

Basically the suggestion is that whenever anyone quotes a post or thread of yours that it notifies you, so it goes up into the notifications bar. I have seen this on other forums and think its a great idea and has a number of benfits, including:

[LIST]
[*]Increased activity
[*]Less likelyhood of a thread dying out - Simply because sometimes people forget about threads/posts they have made and a lot of the time people quote you and you may never read it again
[*]Just simply a nice little feature to have
[/LIST]

Let me know what you think guys!

Cheers

I wouldn't really care about this but it's a useful suggestion, support for whoever finds use in this.

[quote name='Raw Envy']Hey Runelocus community, haven't made a suggestion in a while but thought of something that should be added today.

Basically the suggestion is that whenever anyone quotes a post or thread of yours that it notifies you, so it goes up into the notifications bar. I have seen this on other forums and think its a great idea and has a number of benfits, including:

[LIST]
[*]Increased activity
[*]Less likelyhood of a thread dying out - Simply because sometimes people forget about threads/posts they have made and a lot of the time people quote you and you may never read it again
[*]Just simply a nice little feature to have
[/LIST]

Let me know what you think guys!

Cheers[/QUOTE]

You can use the default vBulletin feature to notify you when your thread is posted on:
[spoiler="This"]
[img]http://puu.sh/7UYz7.png[/img]
[img]http://puu.sh/7UYIn.png[/img][/spoiler]

As for posts, we added the mention system(tagging) awhile ago. We have no current plans to add another system for it though :/

Thanks for the suggestions.

Support I was going to suggest this myself.

I agree with all your reasons although I don't see how this increases forum activity.

[quote name='StevenAbraham']Support I was going to suggest this myself.

I agree with all your reasons although I don't see how this increases forum activity.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and because more people will be posting and replying back to threads.