Sign in to follow this  
PouchOfLemons

Few Compiling Errors

Question

Hello everyone. I need some help with this error on my client's compiler:
[CODE]RSInterface.java:399: error: method addSprite in class RSInterface cannot be app
lied to given types;
addSprite(hoverId2, hoverSpriteId, hoverSpriteId2, hoverSpriteNa
me,
^
required: int,int,String
found: int,int,int,String,int,int
reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length
Note: client.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error
Press any key to continue . . .[/CODE]
A link to my code: [url]http://pastebin.com/hBArKsEB[/url]
I'm new to coding so I'm not sure how to fix this. If anyone could help me and correct my mistakes, that would be great. Also, please keep in mind that what I'm trying to do is found here: [url]http://www.runelocus.com/forums/showthread.php?91464-PI-Newer-bank-interface-plus-working-buttons[/url] Thanks. Edited by PouchOfLemons

4 answers to this question

The source I am using is like a totally fresh Project Insanity source. Pretty much a base with nothing in it.

[quote name='Hollywood Undead']Hmm, that's weird then!
But I sincerely recommend reading the java.com website for booleans, voids, and such before coding as it could result you as a professional coder![/QUOTE]
Good idea. I will.

[quote name='Hollywood Undead']Okay your source and client seem to have too many errors. I recommend going to java.com and reviewing what Java is and how it works before doing anything. It's a good start of learning what variables, booleans and voids are. It's what got me to be a good coder.

Then, start with a new deob source instead of a released server as those errors you could be having could possibly have anti-leech attached which means a code that starts issues. Also be sure sort the methods, booleans, and voids to their home spot within the codes: make it neat as possible!

Good luck[/QUOTE]
He has two errors on his client. Are you blind or just unable to comprehend the output?
You're trying to be nice, I respect that, but you have absolutely zero clue of what you are talking about here.
Try changing these:
[code]addSprite(hoverId2, hoverSpriteId, hoverSpriteId, hoverSpriteNam
e, 0, 0);[/code]
to
[code]addSprite(hoverId2, hoverSpriteId, hoverSpriteName);[/code]

Tje addSprite method takes these as parameters:
[code]int, int, String[/code]
You're trying to give it [code]int, int, int, String, int, int[/code]

[quote name='Stacx']He has two errors on his client. Are you blind or just unable to comprehend the output?
You're trying to be nice, I respect that, but you have absolutely zero clue of what you are talking about here.
Try changing these:
[code]addSprite(hoverId2, hoverSpriteId, hoverSpriteId, hoverSpriteNam
e, 0, 0);[/code]
to
[code]addSprite(hoverId2, hoverSpriteId, hoverSpriteName);[/code]

Tje addSprite method takes these as parameters:
[code]int, int, String[/code]
You're trying to give it [code]int, int, int, String, int, int[/code][/QUOTE]
I did what you said, but I'm still left with one error. I'll update the post in a second. Also, I understand what you mean by this, but the problem is, the guide I used to add these in specifically tells me to copy this code in. I'm scared that if I change the code around then what I'm trying to do might not work. Edited by PouchOfLemons

Sign in to follow this