Sign in to follow this  
stn

Battlescape Offline

Hey, so the popular battlescape server recently is undergoing some major stress I guess I could say. The teamspeak is shut down, the website is shut down, and the server is also off line. It has been like this for the past 2-3 days. Does anybody have any information or contact with Palidino and what is actually happening? I of course made a long thread for the short 30 minutes the forums came back online on how the information about waiting for Palidino to simply turn the server back on was vague information just to route our suspicions a different way. It seems I was right considering the problem is still lasting. Does anybody have any information? Battlescape has no type of social networking contact so I figured the only place anybody would know anything would be the root of developers etc. :d thank you, sorry if this is posted in wrong section I have never used RL forums before.

Do they have any social network accounts?

No, the public teamspeak has randomly shut down along with the server and website. They have no facebook, twitter, etc. The facebook accounts under the name Battlescape are random people under that name just using it as an alias for fun. They have no OFFICIAL means of any type of social networking contact.

Note : The offline/online time on the Battlescape thread for the toplist is also false. It dropped to around/under 40% then the forums turned on for roughly 30 minutes as stated above. During that period, nothing was really answered about what is happening with the server. Later on throughout the day, the client randomly loaded fully up ( it wasn't loading all the way before ), and it gives an error saying invalid user/pw when logging in. So the offline/online timer is false because after the client would function again, the online status came up with the percentage now hitting around 70% instead of it gradually dropping from the then 40%. Edited by stn

Their website seems to be up and online for me.

[quote name='317 Delta Coder']Their website seems to be up and online for me.[/QUOTE]

I think you're referring to the false page that is showing up with the promotional videos on it etc. If you type in [url]http://battle-scape.com[/url] , it will come up with the promotional video page and says like 86 players are online. The players online is false along with the webpage. If you try to go to the forums or anywhere else, you get a Database error.

If you also look onto the fake aliases that people have made under the name " Battlescape " on FB, you can see the people replying to threads about how Battlescape is down and they're having Database errors for the forums. ( Even though the FB profile is a fake Battlescape, the people who are tricked into thinking it is real still are replying to the posts made )

Do you even know how many times this has happened over the years?

Seems like they're just having forum issues/hosting issues. Too early to tell if anything's wrong.

Yeh I do know that battlescape has gone down a lot, but for 2-3 days going onto its 3-4th is quite a bit. I am sure a good portion of the players are quitting. I don't really see how a problem with the host can cause the server to be down for this long. The mods/admins said they were just waiting for Palidino to come home and turn the server on. Of course I figured that was fake considering it was off for a day and a half since that was first posted. Thx for the replies guys! Do you think it'll just come back on in like a week or something? It's weird that even the Teamspeak was shut down.

[quote name='stn']Yeh I do know that battlescape has gone down a lot, but for 2-3 days going onto its 3-4th is quite a bit. I am sure a good portion of the players are quitting. I don't really see how a problem with the host can cause the server to be down for this long. The mods/admins said they were just waiting for Palidino to come home and turn the server on. Of course I figured that was fake considering it's been a day and a half since that was first posted. Thx for the replies guys! Do you think it'll just come back on in like a week or something? It's weird that even the Teamspeak was shut down.[/QUOTE]

No idea, but feel free to stick around I know more Battle-Scape players will appear asking the very same question. :P

Battlescape has seen its day anyway. Nobody would shed a tear if it went totally under.