Sign in to follow this  
Dae

A really dumb question

Question

Hi I have a reallllly dumb question about RSPS.

Ok so if you have a client, source and cache and you can get it all properly working; is it possible to edit the source and play offline without having to portforward? Yes I know no one but my own computer can join, but is it possible to have a source and what not and be able to edit it and play it offline by yourself? #ForeverAlone

6 answers to this question

Yes, just obviously make sure firewall doesn't allow remote connections to the specified port(s), and obviously don't portforward lol

okay thought so =p new to the whole rsps thing

thanks

You don't need to portforward if you're playing offline. Just set the IP to 0.0.0.0

Yes, of course. Make sure the IP is 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1
I'm not sure if the fields still let you put in localhost but it might work considering the field is still a string.
You don't need to worry about firewalls, port forwarding, etc... when playing offline. Just compile and run; rinse and repeat.

EDITED: I correct my mistake about datatypes. Edited by iHK47

[quote name='iHK47']Yes, of course. Make sure the IP is 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1
I'm not sure if the fields still let you put in localhost but I doubt it. If I remember correctly when I switched the IP in my client it was an integer data type.

You don't need to worry about firewalls, port forwarding, etc... when playing offline. Just compile and run; rinse and repeat.[/QUOTE]

127.0.0.1 is not an integer, that is a string. 60 on the other hand is an integer.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer[/url]

[quote name='Stacx']127.0.0.1 is not an integer, that is a string. 60 on the other hand is an integer.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer[/url][/QUOTE]

I corrected my mistake. By the time I had posted that I had been up for ~30+ hours of coding and teaching html/css to a friend simultaneously.

Sign in to follow this