Sign in to follow this  
ZarosShadow

question about sources/game files

Question

Hi all. I'm new to private server stuff and I was wondering:

Can I obtain a source that is exactly like the original RS? With everything functioning like in the real game, without all the strange stuff that some private servers have.

If yes: Please post a link to a site where I can download such a source. (preferably from around 2010-2012, or link me a list with many revisions)

If no: Please explain why these can't be obtained.

Also I'm not planning to make a public server with this.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

No. Such server does not exist. Why? Because it requires you to completely re-program every single feature runescape has.

[quote name='Stacx']No. Such server does not exist. Why? Because it requires you to completely re-program every single feature runescape has.[/QUOTE]

So you can only get certain game files from the cache (graphical models etc) but not the code?

[quote name='ZarosShadow']So you can only get certain game files from the cache (graphical models etc) but not the code?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The client is obtained from Jagex which contains the cache, however the cache does not contain the server code.

Thanks for the help Stacx. This thread can now be closed/locked.

Most people who develop private servers aren't the best of programmers. You're going to find a lot of mess.
This has been the case for a long while and I highly doubt it will change anytime soon.

Sign in to follow this