Sign in to follow this  
zizema660

people cannot connect to server please help. all info is in thread

Question

Hey guys, I just wanted to try to solve my problem by asking you guys.
A while back I wanted to start a RSPS, and so I did.
Now, I have the basic's down.
I have PortForwarded(43594)
Got a No-ip *********.no-ip.org for host.
Got a source(317-562)
Now, I have spent awhile coding The Source, and I'm not giving up now.
What happens is, I can log in, but when I put the Client download link up,
My friends cannot log on.
Now, I'm pretty new to coding, maybe about a 2 or 3 weeks but I learn fast.
So I know that the problem is in the Client folder, under GUI, the IP, I have no idea what I should set it to, My IP, My no-ip, or to 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1
There is also my source/files folder,and I need to change the IP in the "server" files,and I don't know what I should put in their either.There is also another file that needs an IP changed in the Client.java class under the Source/files.
IF you can help me I would SO GREATLY APRECIATE IT!!!
Thanks For Reading! :cool:

My Client Folder:

under signlink.java I have found this [code]
try
{
dns = InetAddress.getByName(dnsreq).getHostName();
}
catch(Exception _ex)
{
dns = "unknown";
}
dnsreq = null;
} else
if(savereq != null)
{
[/code]

now personally I have no idea what dns is so I thought I would ask.

next code I may think is client.java

[code]
{
drawLoadingText(0, "Connecting to File Server...");
new Update("http://rune-cloud.codiction.com/cache.zip", "cache.zip", signlink.findcachedir());
abyte0 = decompressors[0].decompress(i);
}
[/code]

I know that is right, rune-cloud.codiction.com is my website and cache.zip and cache name no need to explain you guys know what this means

next is also in client.java
[code] if(myPrivilege == 2 || server.equals("thorscape2.no-ip.org") || 1 == 1/*to remove*/) { [/code]
does this need to be my ip? or? I don't quite understand this

also in client.java
[code] server = "thorscape2.no-ip.org" ; [/code]

in Gui.java
[code] try {
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName());
sign.signlink.startpriv(InetAddress.getByName("127.0.0.1"));
initUI();
} catch(Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
[/code] is this supposed to be changed to my no-ip?

that's all I can think you would need to edit for people to connect, and im pretty sure you don't need to change anything in my source files, I have port forwarded my ip, I run my duc for no-ip.org, and im always running my source.

okay and is there a way I can make it to where people just click run in my client without them having to change their form of java?

Thank you!

9 answers to this question

the 127.0.0.1 is a local ip. you need to use ur no ip/ vps ip. so it will be hosting from that ip address, so that's your problem. if your using no ip. when u made it you would of put ur ip or vps ip into it, then add your no ip into the file save compile. then it will work fine.

okay your saying in my client gui etc I need to have my ip like my original ip in there and then for a players copy they need to have no-ip where all the ip's are correct? cuz what you said was a tad hard to follow

basically yes, I only code 718 so don't aske me what file it is for 317's but to host a server for everyone to play, you need to run it of a ip address, either your ip or a vps, I rly recommend using a vps. so for example if your using a vps, they wil give u a ip address which u connect to, you would put the ip address in were it has 127.0.0.1, or ur no ip which you will need to make sure the ip u are using is in the no ip. then you need to allow the port threw inbound firewall. then re .jar the client send it out.

I don't know how to .jar because when I do .jar my client the files don't load from my website and the client window doesn't close

[code] /**
*This is where the Cache downloader coding starts
**/
private final int VERSION = 5;
private String cacheLink = ".TrisidiaXCache";
/**
*Cache Downloader Ends
**/
[/code]
DOES THIS NEED TO BE CHANGED TO rune-cloud.codiction.com/cache.zip ????? that is where the cache is downloaded from (my web)

Oh my god. TrisidiaX.
Use RSwebclients if you don't know how to jar them and make autocachedownload work.
I'm sure they offer TrisidiaX.

yeah yeah tx is not a great source\client\or cache theres a lot of errors but ive figured a lot of his copy and paste errors out haha

[quote name='zizema660']yeah yeah tx is not a great source\client\or cache theres a lot of errors but ive figured a lot of his copy and paste errors out haha[/QUOTE]
Intresting
try finding a tutorial for all these problems

its not really a list of problems its just one problem

Sign in to follow this