Sign in to follow this  
StevenAbraham

Toplist Suggestion - Thread Button

Was pondering at the toplist for a while and thought of a decent addition that could be useful. Considering i'm a noob at webdevelopment and I could do it by inspecting the element, i'm sure ikiliki could do it.

I'm suggesting we add a button on a servers status page to link them to there advertisement thread. The links input will be o the server's registration page, and will be a simple "fill in" field. This means there is no forum integration, so we can continue to maximize security.

To promote forum activity, the field will be limited to "www.runelocus.com/{input here}.php"

Benefits:
[LIST]
[*]It promotes Forum Activity
[*]Allows people to put less information on there status page
[*]Allows people looking for a server to see images of there server easily
[*]Allows people looking for a server to get more information about there server and developer more easily
[*]Makes RuneLocus unique as no other toplist I know of has this feature, keeping our title as #1.
[/LIST]

Pictures to help you understand better:

[SPOILER=Toplist]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XCCOBb9.png[/IMG][/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Server Registration]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TrJbcll.png[/IMG][/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Status Page]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Y0xHUpf.png[/IMG][/SPOILER]

Please post your further ideas or opinions on this suggestion :) Edited by StevenAbraham

You would want to include the same information, if not more on the status page. That's usually the landing page that users searching for on google, will come to. Just in general, those pages are more SEO optimized than Vbulletin. At least from what I can see, text content ranks fairly well; but the status pages are better.

I like the suggestion, I think we should include the fat chick on every user panel.

It's a good idea but yet it would not really bring forum activity up in general. Yes, it will increase page views on certain threads but not many people have a need to make a forum account. Also you are forgetting that someone has to go out of there way to do this while to be fair there is no need.

[quote name='Emily']You would want to include the same information, if not more on the status page. That's usually the landing page that users searching for on google, will come to. Just in general, those pages are more SEO optimized than Vbulletin. At least from what I can see, text content ranks fairly well; but the status pages are better.

I like the suggestion, I think we should include the fat chick on every user panel.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes, but remember that status pages are limited to text, while advertisement pages have little restrictions.

[quote name='RealismPk']It's a good idea but yet it would not really bring forum activity up in general. Yes, it will increase page views on certain threads but not many people have a need to make a forum account. Also you are forgetting that someone has to go out of there way to do this while to be fair there is no need.[/QUOTE]

If making a thread is "going out of your way", then you shouldn't be trying to run a server. Edited by StevenAbraham

Great idea actually dude, definitely support this.

[quote name='StevenAbraham']Ahh yes, but remember that status pages are limited to text, while advertisement pages have little restrictions.

If making a thread is "going out of your way", then you shouldn't be trying to run a server.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you misinterpreted what I was saying? Someone needs to code it someone needs to add it in it doesn't just magically appear?

[quote name='RealismPk']Maybe you misinterpreted what I was saying? Someone needs to code it someone needs to add it in it doesn't just magically appear?[/QUOTE]

I did misinterpret what you said, however It doesn't take long to add, and we have a suggestions panel for a reason. We don't also just magically become the #1 toplist, it comes with work, and luckily we have a great owner that puts in a lot of work and is willing to hear suggestions.