Sign in to follow this  
Sethy

Sethy's Fitness & Fighting

dang sethy, perhaps a few fitness advice for me? I'm 17 and looking to gain muscle. Routines, diet, anything works. Thanks! (anyone can answer)

[quote name='Nighthawk123']dang sethy, perhaps a few fitness advice for me? I'm 17 and looking to gain muscle. Routines, diet, anything works. Thanks! (anyone can answer)[/QUOTE]

For routine get on a strength program. I made the mistake of starting off on a bunch of shitty brosplits and bodybuilding type routines(not good natty with no strong base). I recommen Johnny Candito's linear or 6 week program, you can find them ez with Google. You could also do something like stronglifts or starting strength. All are good programs for building a really strong base.

That leads on to diet though. Start off on a bulk. Figure out your maintenance calories and up that by 300+ daily. Basically eat a shitton of food. You might get kind of fat but it's temporary. When you're done with your strength programs and bulk, you'll be strong as fuck and can go on a cut(calorie deficiet) and even a split to workout for aesthetics if that's what you want. Gl bro.

Some of the most legit advice i've seen online for the longest time.

[quote name='Sethy']For routine get on a strength program. I made the mistake of starting off on a bunch of shitty brosplits and bodybuilding type routines(not good natty with no strong base). I recommen Johnny Candito's linear or 6 week program, you can find them ez with Google. You could also do something like stronglifts or starting strength. All are good programs for building a really strong base.

That leads on to diet though. Start off on a bulk. Figure out your maintenance calories and up that by 300+ daily. Basically eat a shitton of food. You might get kind of fat but it's temporary. When you're done with your strength programs and bulk, you'll be strong as fuck and can go on a cut(calorie deficiet) and even a split to workout for aesthetics if that's what you want. Gl bro.[/QUOTE]

Thx bro! Already have the excel sheet for his 6 week strength program, hope this pays off :) nutrition wise, what foods do you recommend? For bulking.

[quote name='Nighthawk123']Thx bro! Already have the excel sheet for his 6 week strength program, hope this pays off :) nutrition wise, what foods do you recommend? For bulking.[/QUOTE]

Personally, what I do almost everyday with some stuff added in randomly, is:

4 eggs and 2 pieces of toast and a bananafor breakfast. Protein shake with milk 1/2 apple some oatmeal and a tbsp of peanutbutter soon after.
2 pb sandwhiches for lunch
2 plain mcdoubles after gym lol
Whatever for dinner
Same protein shake as before, before bed.

I'd just try to get a lot of high carb high protein foods. Nuts, meat, PEANUTBUTTER, etc. And protein shakes are a godsend.

Edit: if you have a juicer and can afford a lot of fruit an veggies, that's a good route to go and just make som craz high calorie blends as filler meals. Talking like 6 bananas and apples a day type shit. Edited by Sethy

[quote name='Sethy']Personally, what I do almost everyday with some stuff added in randomly, is:

4 eggs and 2 pieces of toast and a bananafor breakfast. Protein shake with milk 1/2 apple some oatmeal and a tbsp of peanutbutter soon after.
2 pb sandwhiches for lunch
2 plain mcdoubles after gym lol
Whatever for dinner
Same protein shake as before, before bed.

I'd just try to get a lot of high carb high protein foods. Nuts, meat, PEANUTBUTTER, etc. And protein shakes are a godsend.

Edit: if you have a juicer and can afford a lot of fruit an veggies, that's a good route to go and just make som craz high calorie blends as filler meals. Talking like 6 bananas and apples a day type shit.[/QUOTE]
What protein shakes / ingredients are you fav?

[quote name='Nighthawk123']What protein shakes / ingredients are you fav?[/QUOTE]

I use EAS chocolate whey mixed with milk, oatmeal, apple and peanutbutter and sometimes honey granolla.

[quote name='Sethy']I use EAS chocolate whey mixed with milk, oatmeal, apple and peanutbutter and sometimes honey granolla.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good :) thanks Seth

Man I was so skinny and pale and weak. Anyway, a little update.

I'm steady 160-165, and really comfortable here. I plan on getting my lifts up a little bit and breaking some USAPL state records in powerlifting for the 163lb division(the records are pathetic). My current stats:

Bench: 225
Squat: 255
Deadlift: 335

Goals for record:

Bench: 255
Squat: 315
Deadlift: 405

So I'm very close to my goals. The biggest thing is squat but I think I'll hit all of those lifts in 2 months.

best of luck with your progress man