Sign in to follow this  
Gawdz

Help removing objects?

Question

I know u can remove objects but how do u remove them so u can still walk in that area?

10 answers to this question

What exactly do you mean? Invisible objects?

No i have bushes at my home and i know how to remove them but then u wont be able to walk in that area it will just make them invisible but u still cant walk there.

Before i get started, lolking Use google next time bro lolking

In World.java, import this if you haven't already:

[QUOTE]import java.util.ArrayList;[/QUOTE]

Next in World.java, add this:
[QUOTE]public static List<WorldTile> restrictedTiles = new ArrayList<WorldTile>();

public static void deleteObject(WorldTile tile){
restrictedTiles.add(tile);
}[/QUOTE]

Now, in Region.java, directly under:
[QUOTE]public void addObject(WorldObject object, int plane, int localX, int localY) {[/QUOTE]

Add:
[QUOTE]if(World.restrictedTiles != null){
for(WorldTile restrictedTile : World.restrictedTiles){
if(restrictedTile != null){
int restX = restrictedTile.getX(), restY = restrictedTile.getY();
int restPlane = restrictedTile.getPlane();

if(object.getX() == restX && object.getY() == restY && object.getPlane() == restPlane){
World.spawnObject(new WorldObject(-1, 10, 2, object.getX(), object.getY(), object.getPlane()), false);
return;
}
}
}
}[/QUOTE]

How to use: Just as you would spawn world objects in the NpcSpawning class, you can now use the new deleteObject method like so:
[QUOTE]World.deleteObject(new WorldTile(3085, 3504, 0));[/QUOTE]

Tips: If you want to delete a row(s) of (for an example) 10 tiles, you can utilize for loops and speed up the process. Example:
[QUOTE]for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++){
World.deleteObject(new WorldTile(3333, 3333 + i));
}[/QUOTE] Edited by im4ever12c

already tried this last source i was using it worked but the object was still clipped now i cant get it to delete the objects at all...

Did you use this code? make sure everything is there and correct inside the method compared to the tutorial i just posted.

yeah everything is correct i think its a problem with the npcspawning class it wont allow me to spawn objects either i can only pack them

That is strange. The code is probably not supported on the source? Im not to sure, iv never had this problem.

Im not sure what the problem is guessing it has something to do with my npcspawning class cuz im not able to add objects there either im using citellum's source.

Cant really think of anything that would cause this. If i find a solution though, i will contact you again :).

I still need help with this im using [MENTION=152696]Citellum[/MENTION] 's source the npcspawning.java class doesn't work and there is also a "objectremoval.txt" file in data and it doesn't work either if someone could help me with this it would be much appreciated. Edited by Gawdz

Sign in to follow this