Sign in to follow this  
divinate

How to Play Servers Offline?

Question

The title is probably a little bit confusing, so I'll break it down I guess.

What I mean is, is there a way to play a server by yourself, offline, without other people.
Obviously it isn't counting towards the real server, but I'd just like to do this.

I've seen people play/log into Near Reality, or the Near Reality source, which has been shut down for almost 10 months now...

If there is any way to do this, can you say, log into Soulsplit, but play with your own stuff, like edit your characters status, spawn, etc?

I know really nothing about coding, so anything helps.
Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Only way they could play these servers 'offline' is by obtaining the source and the client.

I think you mean localhost? just get a source change the ip to 127.0.0.1

[quote name='Terron']I think you mean localhost? just get a source change the ip to 127.0.0.1[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Where do I change the ip at?

[quote name='divinate']The title is probably a little bit confusing, so I'll break it down I guess.

What I mean is, is there a way to play a server by yourself, offline, without other people.
Obviously it isn't counting towards the real server, but I'd just like to do this.

I've seen people play/log into Near Reality, or the Near Reality source, which has been shut down for almost 10 months now...

If there is any way to do this, can you say, log into Soulsplit, but play with your own stuff, like edit your characters status, spawn, etc?

I know really nothing about coding, so anything helps.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

1. Download a source and client.
2. Change the IP address in client.java
3. Run the source.
4. Log in.

i foudn it and changed the ip and now it's forever sitting on the connecting to update server and attempting to download the cache which i already have copied to the appropriate folder

[quote name='misclick32']i foudn it and changed the ip and now it's forever sitting on the connecting to update server and attempting to download the cache which i already have copied to the appropriate folder[/QUOTE]

That's because you'd have to have the source running on your computer. You can't just download the client for a server and change the ip and expect to play without the source.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

Everything is the same as running any rsps, just when u got running server, with client u have to connect to 127.0.0.1 or localhost and ur in

But.. Playing rs offline would be no fun I think.. If I be u, I would get some GTA or something and play.

[quote name='imarciuxi']But.. Playing rs offline would be no fun I think.. If I be u, I would get some GTA or something and play.[/QUOTE]

He's just starting out remember? He said in quote [quote name='divinate']I know really nothing about coding, so anything helps.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I think playing offline would be great for him.So he can get the hang of things before coding.

Sign in to follow this