Sign in to follow this  
Munkeywaxx

Ubuntu Compile.sh

Question

Hey guys, Thought I'd ask here as I cannot find anywhere on google that knows the problem I keep comming across. So, I'll get to the point.

Recently, I uploaded my server to an UBUNTU VPS. The "Run" Script works, but the compiler keeps getting some errors. I am aware that JDK has been installed successfully, but I do know that the compiler.sh Doesn't work.

The compiler.sh as it stands:

#!/bin/bash
javac -classpath lib/*: -sourcepath src/src/com/rs/*.java src/com/rs/cache/*.java src/com/rs/cache/loaders/*.java src/com/rs/cores/*.java src/com/rs/game/*.java src/com/rs/game/item/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/clanwars/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/creations/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/duel/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/pest/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/combat/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/combat/impl/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/corp/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/dragons/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/dungeonnering/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/familiar/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/fightcaves/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/fightkiln/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/fightpits/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/armadyl/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/bandos/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/saradomin/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/zammorak/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/zaros/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/kalph/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/nomad/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/others/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/pet/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/qbd/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/slayer/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/sorgar/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/actions/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/actions/mining/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/actions/runecrafting/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/actions/thieving/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/agility/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/construction/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/dungeoneering/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/dungeoneering/rooms/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/pet/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/castlewars/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/events/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/fightpits/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/pestcontrol/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/cutscenes/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/cutscenes/actions/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/dialogues/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/quests/*.java src/com/rs/game/tasks/*.java src/com/rs/io/*.java src/com/rs/net/*.java src/com/rs/net/decoders/*.java src/com/rs/net/decoders/handlers/*.java src/com/rs/net/encoders/*.java src/com/rs/tools/*.java src/com/rs/utils/*.java src/com/rs/utils/huffman/*.java

The errors:

javac: file not found: src/com/rs/cache/*.java
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options

The server source is 718 I do believe.

Am I Doing anything wrong?

Thanks, Munkeywaxx

8 answers to this question

Try this?

#!/bin/bash
cd src
java -Xms512m -Xmx512m -cp bin;data/libs/* com.rs.Launcher false false true
read

Thanks for replying.
But this hasn't worked. Error is below:

: No such file or directoryc
<JAVA Stuff>
Compiler.sh: line 3: data/libs/FileStore: Is a directory

Sorry for my incompetence with ubuntu. Is there any other solution?

<Note> Would It help if I moved the JDK<verison>/bin/javac to the Server directory?

Thanks,
Munkeywaxx

Also, This is a script for running the server. :P I'm looking for a fix for the Compiler.sh. Edited by Munkeywaxx

Simply read it. It can't did the library FileStore in the path you set.

Go to launcher.java and in it search for Runtime.getRuntime().exec("
In the quotation marks will something like "java -server -Xms2048m -Xmx20000m -cp bin;/data/libs/netty-3.2.6.Final.jar;/data/libs/FileStore.jar Launcher false false true false"

#!/bin/bash
cd src
put whats in the quotation marks here
read

[quote name='Citellum']Simply read it. It can't did the library FileStore in the path you set.[/QUOTE]

Clap Clap Clap. Awesome feedback!

[quote name='proyster']Go to launcher.java and in it search for Runtime.getRuntime().exec("
In the quotation marks will something like "java -server -Xms2048m -Xmx20000m -cp bin;/data/libs/netty-3.2.6.Final.jar;/data/libs/FileStore.jar Launcher false false true false"

#!/bin/bash
cd src
put whats in the quotation marks here
read[/QUOTE]

You don't understand? This is for RUNNING the server. I'm looking to compile it after I make changes.

[quote name='Munkeywaxx']Clap Clap Clap. Awesome feedback!

You don't understand? This is for RUNNING the server. I'm looking to compile it after I make changes.[/QUOTE]

Oh, whoops. I just didn't read....

Try this?
If that doesn't work....... just eclipse, dude.....
It compiles when you save the project.

[url]http://askubuntu.com/questions/26632/how-to-install-eclipse[/url]

#!/bin/bash
javac -classpath lib/*: -sourcepath src/src/com/rs/*.java src/com/rs/cores/*.java src/com/rs/game/*.java src/com/rs/game/item/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/clanwars/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/creations/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/duel/*.java src/com/rs/game/minigames/pest/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/combat/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/combat/impl/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/corp/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/dragons/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/dungeonnering/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/familiar/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/fightcaves/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/fightkiln/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/fightpits/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/armadyl/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/bandos/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/saradomin/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/zammorak/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/godwars/zaros/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/kalph/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/nomad/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/others/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/pet/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/qbd/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/slayer/*.java src/com/rs/game/npc/sorgar/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/actions/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/actions/mining/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/actions/runecrafting/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/actions/thieving/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/agility/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/construction/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/dungeoneering/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/dungeoneering/rooms/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/content/pet/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/castlewars/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/events/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/fightpits/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/controlers/pestcontrol/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/cutscenes/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/cutscenes/actions/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/dialogues/*.java src/com/rs/game/player/quests/*.java src/com/rs/game/tasks/*.java src/com/rs/io/*.java src/com/rs/net/*.java src/com/rs/net/decoders/*.java src/com/rs/net/decoders/handlers/*.java src/com/rs/net/encoders/*.java src/com/rs/tools/*.java src/com/rs/utils/*.java src/com/rs/utils/huffman/*.java

Sorry for an extremely late reply, but this hasn't worked either. :/

"
javac: file not found: src/com/rs/cores/*.java
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
"

I Appreciate everyone that has tried to help, maybe using eclipse is the way forward.

Thanks,
Munkeywaxx

[Edit]
I am connecting to the VPS By using PuTTY VIA Windows. So by the looks of it, Eclipse can't be used. :/ Edited by Munkeywaxx

***ATTENTION***

Sorry for those that posted, but after browsing through the directories, I had found that the .java's were NOT there!

Once again I appreciate the help from those that posted.

Request thread closure.

Thanks,
Munkeywaxx

Sign in to follow this