Sign in to follow this  
Raw Envy

User Post Count Images

Currently there are user post count ranks added such as Bronze member, iron member, steel member and so on.. But there isn't any images added I just noticed and I'm bringing this up because back in the day when I first started using RSPS communities it was one of the things that I loved. Getting your post count up and getting a new rank title plus the awesome images that came with it displayed on your user information next to any post you made.

So I'm suggesting that we add them because I think they are a nice little feature to have.

Here is an example of the images, not in use like on a forum but I'm sure you've seen it before anyhow.

[IMG]http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/tom14431996/rankssuggestion_zps9445af41.png[/IMG]

Please leave some feedback about this because I would like to know what everyone else thinks.

i like this idea something else added to the ranks would be nice to see :) +1 this idea

So basicly you want to turn runelocus in Rune-server2? I vote no for this, as I really hate how every single rs-related forum uses them.

[quote name='Julesmk']So basicly you want to turn runelocus in Rune-server2? I vote no for this, as I really hate how every single rs-related forum uses them.[/QUOTE]

Hmm how about no? Considering the fact that we already have the post count rank system added with the Armour related rankings it would make sense to have the pictures along with it.

Yet again this is just a suggestion to see what the [B]majority [/B]of people want.

I've always liked the idea of these on forums but for some reason its a hit or miss. People either really like it or really hate it and there just doesn't seem like enough people who care (in my opinion).

[quote name='Rog3r']I've always liked the idea of these on forums but for some reason its a hit or miss. People either really like it or really hate it and there just doesn't seem like enough people who care (in my opinion).[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly totally agree with this and all I will say is if we can get enough support then I really hope [MENTION=1]Ikiliki[/MENTION] takes it into consideration.

We can try to come up with something more original, also for the names we currently use for post counts. Armor is frequently used on RS forums (also for RSPS forums), so I think it's better to think of other names first :-)

[quote name='Julesmk']So basicly you want to turn runelocus in Rune-server2? I vote no for this, as I really hate how every single rs-related forum uses them.[/QUOTE]
this, i think armor is unoriginal we have to find another image system something original.

[quote name='Ikiliki']We can try to come up with something more original, also for the names we currently use for post counts. Armor is frequently used on RS forums (also for RSPS forums), so I think it's better to think of other names first :-)[/QUOTE]

Okay great even better, yeah we could come up with some custom rank names along with titles.
I'm sure we could get someone to do the graphics for this and the names shouldn't be too hard to come up with either :)

[quote name='Joe']this, i think armor is unoriginal we have to find another image system something original.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what will be done, I didn't exactly mean just use the armor that was just an example but the main idea is to have a nice ranking system with the user images depending on your post count. Edited by Raw Envy

RL could do something unique as Ikil said. My suggestion for unique would be instead of armour images we could so a userbar or something. example: either "Bronze Member" or "5+ posts" user.. something like that.

That would make runelocus pretty unique.