Sign in to follow this  
luckylove3

NEW sig rate if you want

this was not made for this forums but is still a nice one i made

im aware of a bevel that was put on after the fact... rate it any way.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/06vVHET.png[/IMG]

Thanks

There's not really much to rate, it's just .. eh. Show us a screenshot of the layers so I can see exactly what you made.

If I'm right in assuming here, you grabbed a texture, threw some contrast and some color with a brush set to color / hue, added bevel and emboss (please don't do this, it's no longer the 1990's and it totally ruins anything if not used correctly) and then threw some text on and then lowered the opacity / set to overlay.

Which to be honest, is nothing special, but I'm guessing you're new to photoshop. My honest opinion is to look up some tutorials and look at how they use the tools. Also stay away from bevel and emboss, it really doesn't work unless you know what you want to achieve with it.

The overall piece seems fine but the only thing I could say is that maybe find some different font?

[quote name='Smudge']There's not really much to rate, it's just .. eh. Show us a screenshot of the layers so I can see exactly what you made.

If I'm right in assuming here, you grabbed a texture, threw some contrast and some color with a brush set to color / hue, added bevel and emboss (please don't do this, it's no longer the 1990's and it totally ruins anything if not used correctly) and then threw some text on and then lowered the opacity / set to overlay.

Which to be honest, is nothing special, but I'm guessing you're new to photoshop. My honest opinion is to look up some tutorials and look at how they use the tools. Also stay away from bevel and emboss, it really doesn't work unless you know what you want to achieve with it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not new been on it for 2 years now this piece was whipped togeather and posted just out of curiosity I have much better work pm if you want to see it

[quote name='Smudge']There's not really much to rate, it's just .. eh. Show us a screenshot of the layers so I can see exactly what you made.

Which to be honest, is nothing special, but I'm guessing you're new to photoshop. My honest opinion is to look up some tutorials and look at how they use the tools. Also stay away from bevel and emboss, it really doesn't work unless you know what you want to achieve with it.[/QUOTE] [MENTION=458]Smudge[/MENTION]

Agree with everything except the thing about bevel. If you bevel nicely it looks great. Emboss is really old but bevel isn't that bad.

I think it looks good for what you did, but there is really no way to make what you did look good. I have a question though... Are you linxy? Like... from RevX?

Looks okey for people to put for sign, but it looks to poor in my case.