Sign in to follow this  
imacoolguyful

Paying $30 for anyone who knows how to prevent people from editing your client!

Question

I coded a UID system for people who log on my server with Cheat Clients... But these noobs keep coming back. and they're saying they're just editing my client. How do i make it so they cant edit the client!!!!

Pm me on skype or reply to this post

10 answers to this question

You can make the client an .exe or a self-extracting package. That means it will be one file, and whenever they run it the client will keep it's files inside the .exe while they play so they can't edit anything.

If you make your client .exe it will be hard to get players because no one trusts .exe since they can be viruses/keyloggers.

[quote name='newboy']If you make your client .exe it will be hard to get players because no one trusts .exe since they can be viruses/keyloggers.[/QUOTE]
They can scan them if they like. .bats are even easier to make into viruses same with other server tools like autorestarters. Yes I know how to make an .exe out of a client. Edited by Nokturnal

i think it's the best way to use a "jarmaker" dont know if "Nokturnal " did mean that else i diddnt post anything :P but i am use a jar maker myself so people cant ruin the client files i know how annoying that is if "Nokturnal "meant this that i suggest to download a jar maker and watch a short tutorial on how doing it since it's pretty easy

[quote name='darkchaos']i think it's the best way to use a "jarmaker" dont know if "Nokturnal " did mean that else i diddnt post anything :P but i am use a jar maker myself so people cant ruin the client files i know how annoying that is if "Nokturnal "meant this that i suggest to download a jar maker and watch a short tutorial on how doing it since it's pretty easy[/QUOTE]

Yes that's a really good idea. A .jar is a type of self-extracting package the only downside is that I can open a .jar with WinRAR and edit what's inside. I don't know if the average RSPS player will think of doing that or not, but a .jar is more trustworthy than an .exe.

I can do this for you. It's a jar file that you click and it will open the program. Add my skype

People can still get your client files with a program (I have it too :p) that will decompile the jar into files. But like no one uses it, so no worries

OMFG... ik how to make a jar... that's the problem they aren't safe... they're decompiling my jar to open the sign link. then they get my uid and edit there cheat client and get on. im thinking a .exe would be the best thing to do. I did some research nd checked some bigger servers. and i found out all the big pi rsps's have .exe not .jar so if anyone can help me make a .exe please skype me (hamza-ftw)

Sign in to follow this