Sign in to follow this  
skateguy1234

setting up a server on same network

Question

[B]Base: [/B]?
[B]Revision:[/B]317
[B]The Problem:[/B] Alright so I got [B]Varrockscape[/B], which I got from here, to work on the different pc's on my network. All I had to do was change the server= to my pc's ip address in the client.java file. When i try to do this with [B]Project Exile[/B] I do not see the same server= in the client.java file. Does anyone know how to get project exile to work on the same network? Edited by skateguy1234

8 answers to this question

[quote name='skateguy1234'][B]Base: [/B]Either project insanity or Overlordx
[B]Revision:[/B]317
[B]The Problem:[/B] I Am just trying to set up a local server. I can play on other computers on my same network when using the rune locus starter pack, But when I try any of the other various servers they only work on my pc. I figure that I have to set something up in one of the files regarding the ip address and the port but just not sure where to do it. I have both the overlordx pack and the RSPS server pack. So if anyone has any knowledge on either of these I would be very thankful.

I am Also just looking for information on how to do this all by myself. How did all of you guys learn how to do all of this? I dont have any friends to go to that know this stuff so the internet is my only way. I have found a lot of very good tutorials on here so far and they have helped me a lot, thank you to anybody that helped or created any of those. Sorry I am such a noob but this is all new to me and I really do appreciate your time.:gg:
[B]Information & Media:[/B][/QUOTE]

are you on a windows?

make it use a dif port like instead of 43594 use 43595 and so on. i was hosting 2 718s that way before.

[quote name='skateguy1234']yes, windows 7.[/QUOTE]

cool

[quote name='Chronicscape']make it use a dif port like instead of 43594 use 43595 and so on. i was hosting 2 718s that way before.[/QUOTE]

When i use the runelocus starter pack it ask me what port to set it on? How to I set my port on all these other various server downloads? Is it in a file? I feel like it's an ip address conflict as well. When i use the runelocus startup server It ask me the ip address and the port. I have used port 43594 and been fine. I just dont know how to get these other servers to do the same thing. Edited by skateguy1234

Just add my Skype: tomb1443

I will show you how everything works.

[quote name='Raw Envy']Just add my Skype: tomb1443

I will show you how everything works.[/QUOTE]

I apologize for being so abrasive in my PM yesterday I was just just frustrated. That would be awesome if you would do that for me. I can even throw you 20$ on Friday if you can definitely get it going for me. I even already have your project exile pack and eclispe already downloaded, which thank you very much for btw, it looks like one of the best downloads on here. Edited by skateguy1234

anyone kow how to do ip's on project exile?

Sign in to follow this