Ziek`

We Need YOUR Help!!

[quote name='ZeldaCodes']What we need, is to provide New Coders with the tools and support! If you sift through their help requests on rune server, it looks like a highschool over there, the Experienced guys blast and degrade the newbies. Think about it, if you were just starting out and needed help, would you rather go to a site with friendly, helpful people, or one full of ignorant jerks who try to make you feel bad?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.runelocus.com/tutorials/[/url]

[url]http://www.runelocus.com/downloads/[/url]

We try (and still are).

I know that runelocus tries, i love rune locus, used it for years(diff accounts) its the community that needs help haha

Add a black-market.

Also add contribution points where if a member posts a good thread (let's say a good tutorial or a REALLY good snippet) and only released it on RL give me Contribution points that can be used on the site. (This is like Xbox paying CoD to release maps on their system a month before they do on PS).

Black market is a no-no. If you read any other topics. Ppl scam ._..

Bad idea black market

How about we get a new theme and do something illegal that Jagex won't like!?

No, no. In all seriousness, perhaps we could add more of a reward system. Albeit, I know I am new here, so before you go blowing your heads off saying, "Who the hell does this guy think he is!?", please hear me out. Now, I may be new [i]here[/i], but I am most certainly not new to forum products; especially vBulletin. Now, from what I've seen, RuneLocus has a fairly standard awarding system. You've got your member badges, and your staff badges. Perhaps adding in different reward opportunities could give other members things to thrive for.

For example, if there is a particular member who is fluent with the Java language, you could give that individual a badge for it:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LHIwXkH.png[/img]

And you would be able to do this for a various amount of things. Such as graphic design, multiple different programming languages, etc. Edited by Game Master

I say a revamp of this entire forum is needed... also.. WE as a community need to reach out as well.

[quote name='Game Master']How about we get a new theme and do something illegal that Jagex won't like!?

No, no. In all seriousness, perhaps we could add more of a reward system. Albeit, I know I am new here, so before you go blowing your heads off saying, "Who the hell does this guy think he is!?", please hear me out. Now, I may be new [i]here[/i], but I am most certainly not new to forum products; especially vBulletin. Now, from what I've seen, RuneLocus has a fairly standard awarding system. You've got your member badges, and your staff badges. Perhaps adding in different reward opportunities could give other members things to thrive for.

For example, if there is a particular member who is fluent with the Java language, you could give that individual a badge for it:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LHIwXkH.png[/img]

And you would be able to do this for a various amount of things. Such as graphic design, multiple different programming languages, etc.[/QUOTE]

We had an awards system but the hook isn't compatible with the new version of vbully. If [MENTION=1573]Cart[/MENTION] has some extra time one day, it shouldn't be to long to set-up again

[quote name='StevenAbraham']We had an awards system but the hook isn't compatible with the new version of vbully. If [MENTION=1573]Cart[/MENTION] has some extra time one day, it shouldn't be to long to set-up again[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had figured that out a while ago prior to this current post. As that post was, I believe, my 3rd post on this community - I had not been so knowledgeable with the ins-and-outs of RL. However, I still feel like this could be seen as a viable suggestion. Why don't we just ask a member of the community to implement this? Honestly, it doesn't seem more than just adding variables that only administration has access to...